1. Which Indian Cricketer was conferred with the Indian Air Force’s (IAF) honorary rank of group captain on 3rd September 2010 ?
– Sachin Tendulkar
Sachin Tendulkar Group Captain of Indian Air Force: One More Record
Sachin Tendulkar is also the first sportsperson who was conferred a Indian Air Force (IAF) Honorary Group Captain. Sachin Tendulkar is also the first individual to receive the Indian Air Force (IAF) Honorary Group Captain from a non-aviation background. Sachin Tendulkar Group Captain of Indian Air Force has achieved this without any military or aviation background. This is also a unique feet by Sachin Tendulkar Group Captain of Indian Air Force. However, in 2008, Kapil Dev was conferred with the honorary rank of Lieutenant Colonel of the Territorial Army.
Sachin Tendulkar Group Captain Indian Air Force was taken into the Indian Air Force as the brand ambassador of Indian Air Force by the IAF Air Chief Marshal PV Naik. So the Air Force auditorium today witnessed a rare Sachin Tendulkar – Sachin Tendulkar Group Captain Indian Air Force and Sachin Tendulkar brand ambassador of Indian Air Force.
2. First Indian wrestler who won gold at World Wrestling Championships in Moscow ?
– Sushil kumar
Sushil kumar became the first Indian wrestler to win gold at a senior world championship after outclassing Alan Gogaev of Russia 3-1 in straight rounds in the final of the 66 kg freestyle category at the Olympiskiy Sports Centre in Moscow.
Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee Monday announced out-of-turn promotion and a cash award of Rs.10 lakh for Sushil Kumar Solanki and employed as a Assistant Commercial Manager, who won the gold medal in the 66 kg freestyle competition at the FILA 2010 World Wrestling Championships and PM Manmohansingh Congratulated sushil kumar for winning gold medal in world wrestling championships 2010
3. In India, where the first unique identification number has been distributed?
– Tembhali, with a population of 1,098, became the first ‘Aadhar’ (UID) village in the country.
4. Who becomes first Indian to get UID number ?
– Ranjana Sonawane of Tembhli village becomes first Indian to get UID number
5. Man of the Match winners of Test Cricket series between England and fourth held in England.
First test match played at Trent Bridge, Nottingham from July 29 to August1.
Man of the Match: James Anderson (England). He took 5 wickets in the first innings and 6 wickets in second innings.
Result: England won the match by 354 runs.
Second test match played at Edgbaston, Birmingham from August 6 to August 9.
Man of the Match: Graeme Swann (England) He took 6 wickets in the second innings.
Result: England won the match by 9 wickets.
Third test match played at Kennington Oval, London from August 18 to August 21.
Man of the Match: Mohammad Amir (Pakistan).He took 5 wickets in the second innings.
Result: Pakistan won the match by 4 wickets.
Fourth test match played at Played at Lord’s, London from August 26 to August 29.
Man of the Match: Stuart Broad (Pakistan).He scored 169 runs in first innings took 2 wickets in the second innings.
Result: England won by an innings and 225 runs.
Series Result: England won the series 3-1.
6. Who won the Man of the series award in the 4 test cricket series between Pakistan and England held in England in 2010?
Jonathan Leonard Trott (England) and Mohammad Amir (Pakistan).
7. Reserve Bank recently imposed a penalty of Rs. 5 lakh on two private sector banks for violating banking regulations. Name of that banks.
ICICI and Standard Chartered Bank.
ICICI Bank, the country’s largest private sector lender, was penalized for violating Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti Money Laundering (AML) norms. Standard Chartered Bank, which is a leading foreign bank in India, was fined for not providing information, within the stipulated time, on a foreign currency loan it had arranged for an offshore special purpose vehicle.
8. Who becomes the first Indian to qualify for London Olympics ?
– Gagan Narang ( Shooter)
A day after he was overlooked for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, shooter Gagan Narang won the bronze in the 10 metre air rifle event at the World Championship in Munich and became the first Indian to qualify for the 2012 London Olympics.
World No.2 Narang shot 597 in the qualifying and 102 in the final round for a total of 699 to win the bronze. Olympic champion Abhinav Bindra finished a disappointing 25th and failed to qualify for the final round.
9. Bollywood film director and producer who was conferred an Honorary Doctorate Degree from the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) at a ceremony in London recently?
– Yash Chopra
10. Chief information commissioner (CIC) of India who has been appointed as a member of World Bank’s access to information appeals board as on July 1, 2010?
– Wajahat Habibullah.
11. Who is nominated as the ICC (International Cricket Council) Vice-President for the period 2010-12?
– Alan Isaac.
He is currently the chairman of New Zea-land Cricket.
12. Which country becomes the first NATO member to withdraw its forces from Afghanistan amid concerns over US-led alliance’s Afghan war strategy?
– The Netherlands.
13. Who became the most-capped Test cricketer in the world after taking field for his 169th match?
– Sachin Tendulkar
He overtakes former Australian captain Steve Waugh as Most-capped Test Cricketer in the World.
14. Winners of Raman Magsaysay Award -2010
– The seven awardees that come from Bangladesh, China, Japan, and the Philippines are:
1. Tadatoshi Akiba (Japan): He is being recognized for “his principled and determined leadership in a sustained global campaign to mobilize citizens, pressure governments, and build the political will to create a world free from the perils of nuclear war.” He received Ramon Magsaysay Award for his advocacy for nuclear disarmament.
2. Christopher Bernido and Ma. Victoria Carpio-Bernido (Philippines): They are being recognized for “their purposeful commitment to both science and nation, ensuring innovative, low-cost, and effective basic education even under Philippine conditions of great scarcity and daunting poverty.”
3. Huo Daishan (China): He is being recognized for “his selfless and unrelenting efforts, despite formidable odds, to save China’s great river Huai and the numerous communities who draw life from it.”
4. A.H.M. Noman Khan (Bangladesh): He is being recognized for “his pioneering leadership in mainstreaming persons with disabilities in the development process of Bangladesh
5. Pan Yue and Fu Qiping (China): They are being recognized for “their exemplary vision and zeal, as public servants at two levels of the state bureaucracy, in advocating the inseparability of development and the environment in uplifting the lives of the Chinese people.”
15. Who became the second Indian shooter to qualify for the 2012 London Olympics after finishing sixth in the 50m rifle prone event at the ISSF World Championships in Munich, Germany?
– Hariom Singh.
16. Malaysia recently tightened visa requirements for tourists from 6 countries after many foreigners took advantage of easy entry procedures by overstaying. The countries are?
– Afghanistan, Bangladesh, China, India, Myanmar, Nepal and Pakistan
17. Who has been appointed by Reserve Bank of India as the managing director and chief executive officer of Federal Bank?
– Shyam Srinivasan.
18. Chief of Pakistan’s Frontier Constabulary who was killed recently in suicide bomb attack in Peshawar?
– Sifwat Ghayoor.
19. Indian Playback singer & National award winner who died recently on Sep. 12, 2010 ?
– Swarnalatha died with heart attack.
Swarnalatha, 37 year old was a South Indian film playback singer has been singing since 1989 with many music directors. She has rendered songs in Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Hindi, Malayalam, Urdu, Badaga. Swarnalatha won the National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer for her rendition of the famous song “Porale Ponnuthayi” from the film Karuththamma.
20. States of India recently rejected a draft bill proposed by Central Government to amend the Constitution. The bill is concerned with?
– Goods and Services Tax (GST).
States rejected a draft bill on Goods and Services Tax (GST) over a clause giving the Centre power to veto their decision. States feared that giving veto power to the Union Finance Minister on state GST would dilute their fiscal autonomy.
21. Which country blacklisted 21 state-owned Iranian companies as part of a growing and coordinated international effort to undercut Tehran’s ability to use units in Europe and Asia to facilitate financial transactions and weapons development?
22. Who is elected as president of Hockey India at its maiden elections?
– Vidya Stokes
Narinder Batra is elected as Secretary-General of Hockey India (HI). Vidya Stokes defeated Pargat Singh in the election.
23. Asif Ali Zardari, President of Pakistan, has been accused that he had given a helping hand to steal paintings of an internationally famous Pakistani artist. Name of that artist?
– Laila Shahzada
Shaheen, daughter of Laila, has filed a petition to the Pakistan court stating that, Mr.Zardari and her own Brother together stole 93 of her mother’s paintings and sent them to London.
24. Supreme Court of which Latin American country recently rules in favor of recognizing same-sex marriage in all 31 states?
Mexico Supreme Court ruled in favor of recognizing gay marriage countrywide on August 9, 2010.
25. Name of the Two Panamanian cargo ships which collided on August 7, 2010off the Mumbai coast causing oil spill from one of the vessels?
– MSC Chitra and MV Khalijia-III.
Chitra, heading towards Mundra port in Gujarat, was loaded with dry cargo containers while Khalijia had 30,000 tons of steel coils.
26. Who is the new president Columbia?
– Juan Manuel Santos
27. President of which country had shoes thrown at him as he attended a political rally in Birmingham, Britain on August 7, 2010?
Asif Ali Zardari, President of Pakistan insulted in Britain when an unidentified man threw shoes pointing towards him during a public meeting.
28. The satellite by Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) which will be launched in 2012 to study the solar corona — the outermost region of the Sun?
After the successful launch of the moon mission, Chandrayaan-1 (ISRO) is gearing up for a mission to the sun called” Mission Aditya”.
29. Which state becomes the overall champion of 50th National Inter-State Senior Athletics Championships held in Patiala?
Kerala state retained the team championships with 8 gold, 7 silver and 3 bronze medals, closely followed by hosts Punjab (7-4-5) and Haryana (7-3-5).
30. Which state won the 64th Santosh Trophy national football championship-2010?
– West Bengal.
Bengal defeated Punjab 2-1 to win the 64th Santosh Trophy national football championship after 11 years and it was a record 30th win for Bengal.
31. Which country won the 2nd Asian Men’s Cup Volleyball Championship held in Iran beating china in the final?
Eight Asian teams took part in the competition. Iran won the first edition of the Asian Men’s Cup Volleyball Championship by beating South Korea in the final game in Thailand in September 2008.
32. Which club beat Chelsea 3-1 to win the Community Shield, 2010?
– Manchester United.
The Community Shield is usually contested by the winners of the previous season’s Premier League and the F.A. Cup and raises money for charities and community groups.
33. Who becomes the first Indian woman to clinch gold at the World Shooting Championships when she won the 50m rifle prone event on August 8, 2010 equaling the world record in the process?
– Tejaswini Sawant.
Ewa Joanna Nowakowska (Poland) won the silver medal and Olga Dovgun (Kazakhstan) secured the bronze medal. The championship held in Munich, Germany.
34. Vice president of International Cricket Council (ICC) for the period of 2010-2012?
Isaac was the nomination of Cricket Australia (CA) and New Zealand Cricket (NZC) (NZC). He is currently the chairman of New Zealand Cricket (NZC).
35. A radical Muslim cleric, who has been arrested on charges of terrorism by Indonesian anti-terror police from West Java in August 9, 2010?
Abu Bakar Bashir.
According to Indonesian police,71-year-old, Abu Bakar Bashir was actively involved in a terrorist training camp uncovered in the Indonesian province of Aceh this year and appointed the notorious terrorist Dulmatin as field commander. He planned for killing the Indonesia’s president Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono and foreign embassies.
36. Man of the Match winners of Triangular ODI Cricket series(India,Sri Lanka, New Zealand) held in Sri Lanka.
First ODI between India and New Zealand played at Dambulla on Aug 10, 2010:
Man of the Match: Ross Taylor. (New Zealand). He scored 95 runs.
Result: New Zealand won the match by 200 runs.
Second ODI between Sri Lanka and New Zealand played at Dambulla on Aug 13, 2010:
Man of the Match: Upul Tharanga. (Sri Lanka) He scored 70 runs.
Result: Sri Lanka won by 3 wickets.
Third ODI between Sri Lanka and India played at Dambulla on Aug 16, 2010:
Man of the Match: Virender Sehwag. (India) He scored unbeaten 99 runs.
Result: India won by 6 wickets.
Forth ODI between Sri Lanka and New Zealand played at Dambulla on Aug 19, 2010:
Man of the Match: No match played.
Result: No result
Fifth ODI between Sri Lanka and India played at Dambulla on Aug 22, 2010:
Man of the Match: Thisara Perera (Sri Lanka). He took 5 wickets.
Result: Sri Lanka won by 8 wickets
Sixth ODI between India and New Zealand played at Dambulla on Aug 25, 2010:
Man of the Match: Virender Sehwag. (India) He scored 110 runs.
Result: India won by 105 runs.
Final between Sri Lanka and India played at Dambulla on Aug 28, 2010:
Man of the Match: Tillakaratne Dilshan (Sri Lanka). He scored 110 runs
Result: Sri Lanka won Triangular Series beating India in the final by 74 runs.
37. Who won the Player of the series award in the triangular ODI cricket series(India, Sri Lanka, New Zealand) held in Sri Lanka?
Virender Sehwag. (India)
38. Indian-American and a former B-52 stealth bomber engineer who faces life imprisonment after a US federal jury convicted him of selling sensitive cruise missile technology and other classified information to China for $110,000?
Noshir S Gowadia.
He was found guilty of five criminal offences of providing China the design of a cruise missile exhaust system enabling a Chinese cruise missile to prevent detection by infrared missiles.
39. Which country has beaten England 4-0 to win the Champions Trophy field hockey tournament for the third straight year?
This is Australia’s third successive hockey Champions Trophy and 11th in all.
40. Which South American countries recently decided to restore diplomatic relations after a face-to-face meeting between the presidents of both countries?
Columbia and Venezuela.
41. Terrorist Osama Bin Laden’s former cook and driver who has been sentenced to 14 years in prison by a Guantanamo Bay tribunal?
Ibrahim Ahmed Mahmoud al Qosi.
Qosi, who served as cook, bodyguard and driver to Osama bin Laden from 1996 to 2001, was captured in December 2001 in the Tora Bora Mountains in Afghanistan. He had admitted conspiracy and providing support for terrorism.
42. Elections have been declared recently in an Asian country after a gap of 20 years. Which is that country?
The last democratic election in Myanmar was held in 1990, but the elected leader Aung San Suu Kyi was not allowed to take over. Military Junta is heading the country for the last 50 years. According to the Military Government’s election rule, Aung San Suu Kyi and other arrested leaders will not be allowed to contest the elections.
43. Inaugural Summer Youth Olympics started from August 14 to August 26, 2010 held in?
The games are planned to be held every four years in staggered summer and winter events consistent with the current Olympic Games format. The Youth Olympic Games will feature athletes between the ages of 14 and 18.
44. Who has been awarded the Ashok Chakra, the highest peacetime gallantry award of India on the eve of 64th Independence Day?
Major Laishram Jyotin Singh.
He sacrificed his life in the February terror attack in Kabul this year.
President awarded two Kirti Chakras (Posthumous) to Capt Davinder Singh Jass and Shri Vinod Kumar Choubey, Superintendent of Police, Chhattisgarh.
45. A shoe was hurled at Chief Minister of an Indian state by a suspended police officer, during the Independence Day function, 2010. Who is that chief Minister?
Omar Abdullah, Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir.
46. Who won the first gold medal in the inaugural Youth Olympics held in Singapore?
Yuka Sato. (Japan).
She won gold in the women’s triathlon event.
47. Who won the Toronto Masters tennis title after defeating Roger Federer in the final?
48. Who won the WTA Cincinnati Open tennis title defeating Maria Sharapova in final?
49. The Commonwealth Games -2010 theme song “’Jiyo Utho Badho Jeeto” is composed by?
50. Spokesperson and editor-in-chief of Wikileaks, website which released over 75,000 secret US military reports covering the war in Afghanistan?
Julian Paul Assange.
He is an Australian internet activist best known for his involvement with Wikileaks website. He is considered as the owner and founder of WikiLeaks.
51. Who is the chairman and managing director of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL), India’s second largest state refiner?
52. Which country topped the medal chart with a total of 51 medals — 30 gold, 16 silver and five bronze in the inaugural youth Olympics held in Singapore?
Russia (18-14-11) and South Korea (11-4-4) were placed second and third, respectively, in the medals tally.
53. Number of medals won by India in the recently concluded inaugural youth Olympics?
8 Medals. (Six silver and two bronze.)
India finished 58th among the 84 countries that won medals.
54. Who won the first medal for India in the Youth Olympics by winning silver in the women’s 60kg freestyle?
Pooja Dhand ,Wrestler
55. List of Medal Winners from India in the inaugural Youth Olympics held in Singapore.
– Silver Medalists:
1. Pooja Dhand (Wrestler) in women’s 60kg freestyle.
2. Arjun (Discus Throw)
3. Prannoy Sunil Kumar(Badminton-Singles)
4. Shiva Thapa (Boxing-54Kg)
5. Yuki Bhambri (Tennis-Singles)
6. Pooja Dhanda (Wrestling- 60 Kg. female)
1. Vikas Krishnan (Boxing-60Kg).
2. Satyawart Kadian((Wrestling- 100 Kg. freestyle)
56. Presidents of which countries have adopted a joint declaration condemning terrorism and the regional drug trade as threats to peace and security?
Russia, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Tajikistan.
57. Suspected Russian arms dealer who will be sent from Thailand to the United States, where he faces federal charges of conspiring to sell weapons to a terrorist organization?
He sometimes called the “Merchant of Death,” is alleged to be one of the world’s most active black market arms traders, with an international network of 30 front companies, a fleet of cargo planes, and ready access to stockpiles of Russian arms.
58. India’s parliament on 30-08-2010 approved a bill to open up the country’s $150 billion nuclear power market, sealing legislation crucial for the entry of U.S. firms. Name of that bill?
The Civil Liability for Nuclear Damage Bill.
It is also known as Nuclear Liability Bill.
59. Iran opened its first nuclear power plant on 21-08-2010 at?
Despite UN sanctions, Iranian and Russian engineers have begun loading fuel into Iran’s first nuclear power plant, which Moscow has promised to safeguard to prevent material at the site from being used in any potential weapons production.
60. Off-spinner who has replaced Graeme Smith as South Africa’s Twenty20 captain?
61. Indian Origin British actress who won Emmy awards for Best Supporting Actress trophy for her role of Kalinda Sharma, a bisexual private investigator in “The Good wife”?
– Archie panjabi.
The 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards took place on August 29, 2010 at Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, California. The awards were presented by the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.
Here is the complete list of the winners of Emmy awards- 2010.
Actor, Comedy Series: Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory, CBS.
Actress, Comedy Series: Edie Falco, Nurse Jackie, Showtime.
Supporting Actor, Comedy Series: Eric Stonestreet, Modern Family, ABC.
Supporting Actress, Comedy Series: Jane Lynch, Glee, Fox.
Directing for a Comedy Series: Ryan Murphy, Glee, Fox.
Miniseries: The Pacific, HBO.
Made-for-TV Movie: Temple Grandin, HBO.
Supporting Actor, Drama Series: Aaron Paul, Breaking Bad, AMC.
Supporting Actress, Drama Series: Archie Panjabi, The Good Wife, CBS.
Actor, Miniseries or Movie: Al Pacino, You Don’t Know Jack, HBO.
Actress, Miniseries or Movie: Claire Danes, Temple Grandin, HBO.
Directing, Miniseries, Movie or Dramatic Special: Mick Jackson, Temple Grandin, HBO.
Supporting Actor, Miniseries or Movie: David Strathairn, Temple Grandin, HBO.
Supporting Actress, Miniseries or Movie: Julia Ormond, Temple Grandin, HBO.
Directing, Drama Series: Steve Shill, Dexter, Showtime.
Directing, Variety, Music or Comedy Special: Bucky Gunts, Vancouver 2010 Winter Games Opening Ceremony, NBC.
Variety, Music or Comedy Series: The Daily Show, Comedy Central.
Reality Competition Program: Top Chef, Bravo.
Writing for Comedy Series: Steven Levitan, Christopher Lloyd, Modern Family, ABC.
Writing, Drama Series: Matthew Weiner and Erin Levy, Mad Men, AMC.
Writing, Miniseries, Movie or Dramatic Special: Adam Mazer, You Don’t Know Jack, HBO.
Writing, Variety, Music or Comedy Special: 63rd Annual Tony Awards, CBS.
Drama Series: Mad Men, AMC.
Comedy Series: Modern Family, ABC.
Actor, Drama Series: Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad, AMC.
Actress, Drama Series: Kyra Sedgwick, The Closer, TNT.