1. Who has been Appointed as Solicitor General of India ?
-Rohinton Fali Nariman
The Government has appointed Rohinton Fali Nariman, Senior Advocate as Solicitor General of India. The appointment is for three years w.e.f. 27th July, 2011. Born on 13th August, 1956, Rohinton Fali Nariman, studied at Shri Ram College of Commerce and at Faculty of Law in Delhi University as well as at the Harvard Law School. An expert in Comparative Constitutional Law and Civil Law, has practiced law for last 30 years with 500 Reported Supreme Court Judgements to his credit.
2. Which French tyre maker is all set to start production in Chennai unit?
3. Which French cement gaint has been allowed to mine for limestone in Meghalaya’s East Khasi hills by Supreme Court?
4. The death of which film maker could be remembered as ‘Siddheswari’ won the national award for Best documentary film in 1989?
5. Which spiritual leader celebrated his 76th Birthday recently?
6. Which country is set to role out 1st phase of National internet in August at 8Mb for home users?
7. Approximately how much hectares of land in India is under organic certification as on March 2010?
4.4 million hectares
8. Who has been appointed as Manager of West Indies Under-19 cricket team?
9. After battling with cancer which British actress died recently?
10. Where has Posco planned Rs.52,000 crore project in India?
11. Which company is all set to acquire British online bookstore The Book Depository?
12. Which Bharathanatyam exponent was conferred with Yagnaraman Lifetime Achievement Award?
13. Who has been appointed as CEO of Fortis Healthcare?
14. Who has been appointed as RBI Deputy Governor?
Harun Rashid Khan
15. Who has been appointed as BHEL’s Director of Finance?
16. Which social networking site has gained 2nd rank in USA?
17. Who is been appointed as the CEO of Genpact?
18. Who is the VC and CEO of HDFC bank?
19. Who is the CEO of Facebook?
20. In which Indian city will the Nano Science and Technology be setup?
21. Who sealed his 2012 Olympics berth for the Archery Event?
22. Which actor is all set to construct a temple for Sachin Tendulkar and Mahendra Singh Dhoni?
23. Which part of Sudan is all set to celebrate its Independence Day on 8th July 2011,Saturday?
24. Which networking website now allows video calls and group chat?
25. Who recently joined 400 wicket elite club in Test Cricket?
26. Where in India has Indian Institute of Management planned to open its 2nd campus?
27. Who is to succeed defence secretary Pradeep Kumar?
28. Who won gold in 19th Asian Athletics Championship?
29. Which job-starved state in India has been granted Rs.1,000 crore job plan?
Jammu and Kashmir
30. Who has been appointed as CFO of Firssource Solutions Limited.?
31. Which Asian country becomes the first country to win the FIFA women’s world cup?
32. Who won the British Open Golf Championship 2011?
33. Who was the 400th wicket of Harbhajan Singh?
34. Which countries reached the semi-finals of Copa America 2011?
35. Who won the MotoGP German Grand Prix 2011?
Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda Team)
36. Which country won the Snooker World Cup 2011 after 15 years?
37. Who won the British Grand Prix 2011?
38. The Mysore campus of Infosys has been renamed as?
Naryana Murthy Centre of Excellence
39. Which 2 Indian cricketers are nominated for all-time greatest Test team?
Sachin and Sehwag
40. Who has been appointed as CEO of Sun TV Network?
41. Which bank has entered into pact with SBI Mutual Fund?
42. Who has been appointed as CEO of Aditya Brila Finance?
43. Which bank has launched credit card with no pre-set limit on spending?
44. Airtel has inked deal with which company for IT solutions to African employees?
45. Which passenger jet with a capacity to fly about 250 people non-stop up to 16,000 km landed at the IGI airport?
Boeing 787 Dream-liner
46. Who has been appointed as Railway Minister in cabinet reshuffle 2011?
47. Who has been appointed as Tribal Affairs and Panchayati Raj Minister in cabinet reshuffle 2011?
Kishore Chandra Deo
48. Who takes over Ministry of Steel in cabinet reshuffle 2011?
Beni Prasad Verma
49. Who has been appointed as Rural Development Minister in cabinet reshuffle 2011?
50. Which country has been included as 193rd member of United Nations?
51. Which 3 telecom companies have shared their networks and rolled out Plan India 3G services?
Vodafone, Bharti and Idea
52. In which 2 Indian cities was Google Transit launched?
Chennai and Hyderabad
53. Which company is all set to launch iPad rival?
54. At what percent did June 2011 inflation close?
55. Which company recently unveiled smallest data center?
56. Who has been named as coach for Sri Lankan cricket team ahead of Australia’s tour?
57. Who has lent his voice for pop star Britney Spear’s new single “I Wanna Go”?
58. Which latest communication satellite has been launched by ISRO?
59. Which Finance company is all set to offer loans against gold ETF units?
60. Name the CEO of Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp, China’s biggest chip maker who quit recently.
61. Who and at what age clinched the British Open Golf championship 2011?
62. Which IT company recently announced a 13-member executive council?
63. Who has been elected as president of Mumbai Cricket Association?
64. Who has been elected as chief of Empowered Committee of Goods and Services Tax?
Sushil Kumar Modi
65. Against whom did India win an International football friendly match?
66. Which shuttle undocked for the final time from International Space station, NASA?
67. Where and for which project has BHEL commissioned 525MW thermal set?
Maithon Right Bank thermal power project in Jharkhand
68. Which country won the women’s soccer World Cup 2011?
69. Which company is eyeing to open its IT centre in Gujarat?
70. Which South American country has surpassed Saudi Arabia in oil reserves?
71. Which company bought .CO domain ahead of its 1st year anniversary of public launch?
Google and will be used as G.Co to launch shortcut URL
72. Which luxury hotels have been accorded the LEED Platinum (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) rating?
ITC’s luxury hotels
73. Name the person who ignited China’s interest in the NBA and became one of Asia’s best-known athletes and is retired now.
74. Which 2 countries are set to participate in the 2000th test in the history of Test Cricket?
India and England
75. Who has been appointed as Andhra Pradesh Director General of Police ?
V. Dinesh Reddy
IPS officer of 1977 batch V. Dinesh Reddy has been appointed the Director General of Police of Andhra Pradesh.
Mr. Dinesh Reddy, currently the Director General of Vigilance and Enforcement.
76. Who has been appointed as Chairman of Alcatel-Lucent for its India operations?