1. Price of food grains have risen by 10% and of other items of consumption by 15%. If the ratio of an employee’s expenditure on food grains and other items is 2:5, by how much should his salary be increased so that he may maintain the same level of consumption as before, assuming that his present salary is Rs. 3500?a. Rs. 300
b. Rs. 350
c. Rs. 375
d. Rs. 475
2. On selling a certain commodity for Rs. 425, there is as much gain as loss on selling it for Rs. 355. The C.P. of the commodity isa. Rs. 370
b. Rs. 385
c. Rs. 390
d. Rs. 400
3. Of the three numbers, second is twice the first and is also thrice the third. If the average of the three numbers is 44, the largest number isa. 24
4. A sum of Rs. 12,000 doubles in 5 years at C.I. What will be the amount after 20 years?a. Rs. 1,20,000
b. Rs. 1,92,000
c. Rs. 1,24,000
d. Rs. 96,000
5. A certain sum becomes Rs. 5290 in 2 years and Rs. 6083.50 in 3 years at C.I. The rate of interest per annum isa. 10%
d. 16? %
6. Which of the following is not a food crop ?(a) Wheat
7. A rectangular carpet has an area of 240 sq. cm. If its diagonal and the longer side are together equal to five times the shorter side, the length of the carpet is –a. 10 cm
b. 24 cm
c. 26 cm
d. 27.5 cm
8. The ratio between the curved surface area and the total surface area of a right circular cylinder is 1:2. If the total surface is 616 sq. cm, the volume of the cylinder isa. 1848 cm3
b. 1232 cm3
c. 1078 cm3
d. 980 cm3
9. A sum of Rs. 427 is to be divided among A, B and C in such a way that 3 times A’s share, 4 times B’s share and 7 times C’s share are all equal. The share of C isa. Rs. 84
b. Rs. 147
c. Rs. 196
d. Rs. 240
10. The ratio of income of A and B is 5:4 and their expenditure is as 3:2. If at the end of the year, each saves Rs. 800, then the income of A isa. Rs. 1700
b. Rs. 1800
c. Rs. 2000
d. Rs. 2200
11. The number of prime factors of (6)10×(7)17×(55)27a. 54
12. A car covers a distance of 715 km at a constant speed. If the speed of the car would have been 10 km/hr more, then it would have taken 2 hours less to cover the same distance. What is the original speed of the car?a. 45 km/hr
b. 50 km/hr
c. 55 km/hr
d. 65 km/hr
13. Two taps A and B can fill a tank in 12 minutes and 15 minutes respectively. If both the taps are opened simultaneously and the tap A is closed after 3 minutes, then how much more time will it take to fill the tank by tap B?a. 7 min & 15 sec
b. 7 min & 45 sec
c. 8 min & 5 sec
d. 8 min & 15 sec
14. 0.333 …. × 0.444 …. is equal toa. 0.148148148 ….
b. 0.777 ….
c. 0.121212 ….
d. 1.333 ….
15. Let R = qs—4. When s=8, R=16. When s=10, R is equal toa. 11
1. As per the reports published in various newspapers/journals etc. the economic map of the world is being redesigned. What is/are the new emerging trends of this new economic map of the world ?
1. With India and Asia at the forefront the centre of economic gravity has shifted to East.
2. Emerging markets, with India among the leaders, are growing faster than old established markets.
3. Central banks of the countries have recognized that case-by-case liquidity solutions are not the answers and a market wide and globally synchronized approach is needed to solve the present crisis.(A) Only 1 r
(B) Only 2
(C) Only 3
(D) All 1, 2 and 3
2. As per the Industrial Development Report 2009 India’s rank in Industrial Development was 54 on the Development Index. Which of the following organizations/agencies compiles Industrial Development Index of the world ?(A) International Labour Organisation
(B) United Nations’ Industrial Development Organisation
(C) World Bank
(D) World Trade Organisation
(E) The Economic and Social Council of UNO
3.As per the newly launched ‘Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme’ a monthly pension will be given to the widows. What will be the amount of the pension ?(A) Rs. 200
(B) Rs. 400
(C) Rs. 600
(D) Rs. 800
4. The merger of which of the following two Indian companies took place in recent past which is termed as “Largest ever merger in India’s Corporate History” ?(A) Nuclear Power Corporation and National Thermal Power Corporation
(B) State Bank of India and its seven associate banks
(C) Hind Aluminium Company and Century Mills
(D) Tata Motors and Ashok Leyland
(E) Reliance Industries and Reliance Petroleum Ltd. r
5. The Prime Minister of India while addressing a meeting of top industrialists of India in March 2009 advised the RBI to further cut interest rates. Which of the following is/are the reasons owing to which the Prime Minister who himself is an economist gave this advise to RBI ?
1. All major economies of the world are passing through a crisis situation. Prime Minister wants RBI to take preventive measures to save Indian economy.
2. In India ample liquidity is available in the market but there are no takers.
3. Inflation is at a comparatively low level at present in the country(A) Only 1
(B) Only 2
(C) Both 2 and 3 only
(D) None of these
6. As per the recent reports, the per capita Income of the country has gone up during 2008-09. What is the per capita income at present ?
About ……….(A) Rs. 15,000
(B) Rs. 33,000
(C) Rs. 40,000
(D) Rs. 23,000
7. Which of the following countries launched its indigenous Satellite ‘Omid’ in February 2009 ?(A) Spain
(D) Iran r
8. While addressing a conference of Bankers and top Industrialists, the Prime Minister made a statement that “Domestic Credit Flow for Productive Needs had to be maintained at a reasonable Cost”. What does it really mean ?
(Pick up the most appropriate statements).
1. Banks should further raise their deposit base and provide very low cost credit to Industry which is badly in need of the same.
2. Banks should neither reduce their lending rates further nor increase the rates on deposits as this may create a critical imbalance in the financial/money market of the country.
3. Banks should see that ample credit is provided to the industries at an affordable cost without diluting the credit norms.(A) Only 1
(B) Only 2
(C) Only 3
(D) Both 1 and 2 only
9. The annual meeting of the world Economic Forum was organized in January–February 2009 in ……(A) Davos
(C) Washington DC
10. Which of the following has now became the Third Largest Economy of the World ?(A) Brazil
11. Govt. of India has decided to set up two more All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) like institutes in near future. These new institutions would be established in ……….(A) West Bengal and Uttar Pradesh
(B) Haryana & Punjab
(C) Punjab & Tamil Nadu
(D) Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh
12. Who amontst the following is the author of the book “Termites in the Trading system” ?(A) M. S. Swaminathan
(B) Jagdish Bhagwati
(C) Jaswant Singh
(D) M. Chelapati Rao
13. Who amongst the following is the highest Wicket taker in the history of cricket ?(Both ODI and Test Cricket)(A) Wasim Akram
(B) Anil Kumble
(C) Stephan Fleming
(D) Muttiah Muralidharan
14. Sania Mirza won the Mixed Doubles of which of the following tennis matches alongwith Mahesh Bhupati ?(A) US Open 2009
(B) Australian Open 2009
(C) South Africa Tennis Open 2009
(D) ATP Challenger Tennis Championship 2009
15. Which of the following are the instruments of Credit Control in the hands of the RBI ?
1. Lowering or raising the discount and interest rates.
2. Raising the minimum support price of the major agro products.
3. Lowering or raising the minimum cash reserves maintained by the commercial banks.(A) Only 1
(B) Only 2
(C) Only 3
(D) Both 1 and 3 only
1. When cutting and pasting, the item cut is temporarily stored in—(A) ROM
(B) Hard drive
2. Magnetic tape is not practical for applications where data must be quickly recalled because tape is—(A) A random-access medium
(B) An expensive storage medium
(C) A read-only medium
(D) Fragile and easily damaged
3. When you are working on a document on a PC, where is the document temporarily stored ?(A) RAM
(C) The CPU
(D) Flash memory
4. Information travels between components on the motherboard through—(A) Flash memory
5. Computers connected to a LAN (Local Area Network) can—(A) Run faster
(B) Go on line
(C) Share information and/or share peripheral equipment
6. Which of the following can handle most system functions that aren’t handled directly by the
operating system ?
(A) Vertical-market applications
(D) Integrated software
7. A set of instructions telling the computer what to do is called—(A) Mentor
8. A collection of programs that controls how your computer system runs and processes information is called—(A) Operating system
9. Transformation of input into output is performed by—(A) The CPU
(D) The Input-Output unit
10. Data going into the computer is called—(A) Output
11. Sales forecasting involves—(A) Sales Planning
(B) Consumer tastes
(C) Distribution Channels
(D) All of these
12. Motivation means—(A) Inspiring employees to perform better r
(B) Better Communication Skills
(C) Sales coaching
(D) Market Research
13. Find the True statement—(A) Marketing is a waste of the employees’ time
(B) Marketing is not required in India due to its vast population
(C) Marketing involves additional work
(D) Marketing involves team work r
14. Market information means—(A) Knowledge of shops and bazaars
(B) Knowledge of shopping malls
(C) Knowledge of customer profile and product mix r
(D) Knowledge of various languages
15. Marketing Plan helps in—(A) Better lead generation
(B) Better systems
(C) Better results
(D) Better customer service r