1. Who appointed as PM’s Advisor on skill development ?
– S Ramadorai, former chief of IT giant firm TCS, has been appointed as an Advisor to Prime Minister on Skill Development Read More
2. Who has been elected as President of Karnataka State Cricket Association(KSCA)?
– Anil Kumble
3. who won Australian Open woman’s Single 2011 ?
– Kim Clijsters won her second straight Grand Slam title and the fourth of her career, struggling early before beating Li Na 3-6, 6-3, 6-3 in the Australian Open final. The result ended the outstanding run of Li, who became the first Chinese player to reach a Grand Slam singles final.
4. who won Australian Open mens Single 2011 ?
-Novak Djokovic claimed his second title at the Australian Open in dominating style on when he hammered Andy Murray 6-4, 6-2, 6-3.
5. 72-year-old woman who’s on a mission to eradicate illiteracy ?
-Paravati Mohanty Read more
6. Who has been appointed as the new PM of Jordan?
– Marouf Bakhit King Abdullah has dismissed his cabinet and appointed a new Prime Minister Marouf Bakhit. Read more
7. which south Korean steel company gets approval in Orissa ?
The south Korean firm Pohang Steel Company (POSCO) got the conditional clearence from the Environmental Ministry to start $12 billion steel mill project in Orissa. It is considered as the single biggest foreign direct investment (FDI) in India.
8. which department has been given the responsibility to deliver UID cards in india ?
– Department of Posts
More than 1 billion Indians will get their unique identification numbers from the ubiquitous post office. Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), responsible for creating and distributing first of its kind unique identification numbers to Indian residents, signed an agreement with department of posts to this effect on 4 February.
9. Who has elected as new President for Myanmar ?
-General Thein Sein
Thein Sein, a military general-turned-civilian leader, was on 4 February elected Myanmar’s first President under its 2008 Constitution, which came into force earlier this week. His election was officially portrayed as a key step along the final lap of the military government’s roadmap towards democracy. Read more
10. Who is elected as the new PM of Nepal ?
– Chairman of the Communist Party of Nepal (Unified Marxist Leninist), Jhalanath Khanal become the 34th Prime Minister. read more
11. Eighth Aero India International Seminar was held in ?
The eighth Aero India 2011 – International Seminar conducted was held at National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS) Convention Centre here from February 7 to 9, as a prelude to the ‘Aero India 2011 Exposition’.
The seminar, organized by the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) in association with the Aeronautical Society of India
12. Where was held 17th Commonwealth Law Conference ?
The Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh, inaugurated the 17th Commonwealth Law Conference at Hyderabad on 5 February.
The theme of this conference “Emerging Economies – Rule of Law: Challenges and Opportunities” is specially relevant today when a new global architecture is taking place and there is restlessness in the air in many developing countries. The ability of emerging economies to be a partner in shaping the new international order in the 21st century will be determined to a large extent by the choices they make with respect to their systems of governance as well as the legal and institutional structures they devise for enforcing the rule of law.
13. Recently govt. decided to Ban on use of plastics for packaging of which products ?
– The Environment Ministry issued a notification banning the use of plastics for packaging gutka and other tobacco products. Read more
14. Former Deputy Chief Minister of Karnataka who passes away on 9th February 2011 ?
– M.P. Prakash
M.P. Prakash (71), former Deputy Chief Minister of Karnataka, passed away in a private hospital here on 9 February 2011.
He was battling cancer for over a year.
A respected political leader who was part of the Janata Parivar since its formation in 1977, Mr. Prakash crossed over to the Congress in April 2008 after falling out with the Janata Dal (Secular) leadership over the transfer of power to the BJP at the end of the first 20-month term of the coalition government.
He served as Deputy Chief Minister in the first coalition government in the State headed by N. Dharam Singh between August 2005 and January 2006.
15. The fourteenth National Conference on e-Governance was held at ?
The fourteenth National Conference on e-Governance is to begin on February 10th at Aurangabad. Governor of Maharahstra Shri K. Sankaranarayanan, has inaugurating the two-day annual event.
16. The Regional Aviation Security Conference was held at ?
– India is set to host the Regional Aviation Security Conference at New Delhi from 14-18 February, 2011 under the aegis of International Civil Aviation Organization(ICAO) to review the compliance of Security Declaration made in 37th Assembly of ICAO and also to have the risk overview of the recent developments in aviation security. The Conference is being organised by the Ministry of Civil Aviation, Government of India.
17. When will be started Health insurance policy portability ?
– 1st July 2011
In a big relief to dissatisfied health insurance policy holders, sectoral regulator IRDA has allowed them portability — shifting policies from one insurer to another on same terms – from 1st July.The portability facility will allow policy holders to switch over to another insurance company with the same conditions.
The new facility will also help those policy holders who stick to one insurer throughout life for fear of losing the cover for Pre Existing Diseases (PED). Read more
18. which mobile company has maximum active customers ?
The Trai report said Bharti Airtel had about 92% active customers, while Idea Cellular had a little over 90% followed by Vodafone Essar at 76%, compared to 47-50 % for Tata (GSM and CDMA) and 66-68 % for Reliance Communications .
19. Who inaugurates World Philatelic Exhibition ‘INDIPEX 2011′ ?
– President Pratibha Devisingh Patil on 12-02-2011 inaugurated the World Philatelic Exhibition ‘INDIPEX 2011′ in the national capital.
20. 53rd annual Grammy Awards was held at ?
– The 53rd annual Grammy Awards were held on February 13, 2011 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
List of 53rd annual Grammy Awards
Album of the Year
Arcade Fire – The Suburbs
Record of the Year
Lady Antebellum – “Need You Now”
Best New Artist
Song of the Year
Lady Antebellum – “Need You Now”
Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocals
Train – “Hey, Soul Sister (Live)
Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals
Herbie Hancock, Pink, India.Arie, Seal, Konono No. 1, Jeff Beck and Oumou Sangare – “Imagine”
Best Dance Recording
Rihanna – “Only Girl (In the World)”
Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocals
The Black Keys – “Tighten Up”
Best Hard Rock Performance
Them Crooked Vultures – “New Fang”
Best Rock Song
Neil Young – “Angry World”
Best Alternative Music Album
The Black Keys – Brothers
Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocals
Sade – “Soldier of Love”
Best Contemporary R&B Album
Usher – Raymond v. Raymond
Best Rap/Sung Collaboration
Jay-Z and Alicia Keys – “Empire State of Mind”
Best Rap Song
Jay-Z and Alicia Keys – “Empire State of Mind”
Best Rap Album
Eminem – Recovery
Best Country Collaboration With Vocals
Zac Brown Band and Alan Jackson – “As She’s Walking Away”
Best Country Song
Lady Antebellum – “Need You Now”
Best Country Album
Lady Antebellum – Need You Now
Best Americana Album
Mavis Staples – You Are Not Alone
Best Traditional Blues Album
Pinetop Perkins and Willie “Big Eyes” Smith – Joined at the Hip
21. Who launches ‘CARINGS’ & what is it?
-Mrs. Krishna Tirath
Minister of State for Women and Child Development Mrs. Krishna Tirath, launched a Child Adoption Resource Information and Guidance System CARINGS in New Delhi February 14. It is a web based management information system that offers a child centric approach for the child, parents and agencies.
22. winners’ list for 2011 BAFTA Awards.
– BAFTA Awards 2011
Best Film: The King’s Speech
Best Actor: Colin Firth, The King’s Speech
Best Actress: Natalie Portman, Black Swan
Best Director: David Fincher, The Social Network
Best Supporting Actress: Helena Bonham Carter, The King’s Speech
Outstanding British Film: The King’s Speech
Best Supporting Actor: Geoffrey Rush, The King’s Speech
Best Original Screenplay: The King’s Speech
Outstanding British Contribution: The Harry Potter franchise
Best Original Music: Alexandre Desplat, The King’s Speech
Best Short Film: Until The River Runs Red, Paul Wright, Paul Kondeatis
Best Short Animation: The Eagleman Stag, Michael Please
Best Sound: Inception, Lee Smith
Best Editing: The Social Network, Angus Wall, Kirk Baxter
Best Make-up and Hair: Alice In Wonderland, Vali O’Reilly, Paul Gooch
Best Film Not In The English Language: Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
Best Costume Design: Alice In Wonderland, Coleen Attwood
Best Production Design: Inception, Guy Hendrix Dyas, Larry Dias, Doug Mowat
Best Special Visual Effects: Inception, Chris Courbold, Paul Franklin
Best Animated Film: Toy Story 3
Orange Wednesday’s Rising Star: Tom Hardy
Best Screenplay: The Social Network, Aaron Sorkin
Best Cinematography: True Grit
23. Who inaugurate International Conference on Community Mental Health?
– The Hon’ble Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Shri Ghulam Nabi Azad will inaugurate international conference cum workshop on Asia Pacific Community Mental Health on 17 February, 2011
24. which country has joined BRIC ?
– South Africa
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on 19 February welcomed South Africa in the BRIC forum of fastest growing economies Brazil,Russia, India and China.
“South Africa has joined this meeting. We welcome South Africa. Now BRIC is no longer BRIC but it is BRICS. One ‘S’ has been added to it,”
25. The National Conference on Storage of Food Grains was held on ?
– February19, 2011 in New Delhi. Read more
26. who is the man of the match in world cup 2011 opening match held at Mirpur ?
– Virender Sehwag unleashed a stunning display of strokeplay to smash a blistering 175 as India launched their cricket World Cup campaign with an emphatic 87-runs victory over Bangladesh in their opening World Cup group-B match at the Sher-e-Bangla National stadium in Mirpur on 19 February.
27. The next BRICS summit is scheduled to be held in ?
– China in April.
28. Overseas Employers Conference was held in which city?
A two-day “Overseas Employers’ Conference” were held at Hyderabad February 21, to understand the concerns of the Foreign Employers in the Middle East and South-East Asia employing Indian workers. The conference was provide a forum for the overseas employers to interact with the Government of India and the State Government representatives and put forward their point of view and raise issues related to recruitment of Indian workers for overseas employment.
Current affairs 2011 for bank exams | Current Affairs March 2011 quiz | objective questions | gk questions | current affairs for civil services | General knowledge|