|Objective General Knowledge|
|Objective General Knowledge|
1. Who has been Appointed as Solicitor General of India ?
-Rohinton Fali Nariman
The Government has appointed Rohinton Fali Nariman, Senior Advocate as Solicitor General of India. The appointment is for three years w.e.f. 27th July, 2011. Born on 13th August, 1956, Rohinton Fali Nariman, studied at Shri Ram College of Commerce and at Faculty of Law in Delhi University as well as at the Harvard Law School. An expert in Comparative Constitutional Law and Civil Law, has practiced law for last 30 years with 500 Reported Supreme Court Judgements to his credit.
2. Which French tyre maker is all set to start production in Chennai unit?
3. Which French cement gaint has been allowed to mine for limestone in Meghalaya’s East Khasi hills by Supreme Court?
4. The death of which film maker could be remembered as ‘Siddheswari’ won the national award for Best documentary film in 1989?
5. Which spiritual leader celebrated his 76th Birthday recently?
6. Which country is set to role out 1st phase of National internet in August at 8Mb for home users?
7. Approximately how much hectares of land in India is under organic certification as on March 2010?
4.4 million hectares
8. Who has been appointed as Manager of West Indies Under-19 cricket team?
9. After battling with cancer which British actress died recently?
10. Where has Posco planned Rs.52,000 crore project in India?
11. Which company is all set to acquire British online bookstore The Book Depository?
12. Which Bharathanatyam exponent was conferred with Yagnaraman Lifetime Achievement Award?
13. Who has been appointed as CEO of Fortis Healthcare?
14. Who has been appointed as RBI Deputy Governor?
Harun Rashid Khan
15. Who has been appointed as BHEL’s Director of Finance?
16. Which social networking site has gained 2nd rank in USA?
17. Who is been appointed as the CEO of Genpact?
18. Who is the VC and CEO of HDFC bank?
19. Who is the CEO of Facebook?
20. In which Indian city will the Nano Science and Technology be setup?
21. Who sealed his 2012 Olympics berth for the Archery Event?
22. Which actor is all set to construct a temple for Sachin Tendulkar and Mahendra Singh Dhoni?
23. Which part of Sudan is all set to celebrate its Independence Day on 8th July 2011,Saturday?
24. Which networking website now allows video calls and group chat?
25. Who recently joined 400 wicket elite club in Test Cricket?
26. Where in India has Indian Institute of Management planned to open its 2nd campus?
27. Who is to succeed defence secretary Pradeep Kumar?
28. Who won gold in 19th Asian Athletics Championship?
29. Which job-starved state in India has been granted Rs.1,000 crore job plan?
Jammu and Kashmir
30. Who has been appointed as CFO of Firssource Solutions Limited.?
31. Which Asian country becomes the first country to win the FIFA women’s world cup?
32. Who won the British Open Golf Championship 2011?
33. Who was the 400th wicket of Harbhajan Singh?
34. Which countries reached the semi-finals of Copa America 2011?
35. Who won the MotoGP German Grand Prix 2011?
Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda Team)
36. Which country won the Snooker World Cup 2011 after 15 years?
37. Who won the British Grand Prix 2011?
38. The Mysore campus of Infosys has been renamed as?
Naryana Murthy Centre of Excellence
39. Which 2 Indian cricketers are nominated for all-time greatest Test team?
Sachin and Sehwag
40. Who has been appointed as CEO of Sun TV Network?
41. Which bank has entered into pact with SBI Mutual Fund?
42. Who has been appointed as CEO of Aditya Brila Finance?
43. Which bank has launched credit card with no pre-set limit on spending?
44. Airtel has inked deal with which company for IT solutions to African employees?
45. Which passenger jet with a capacity to fly about 250 people non-stop up to 16,000 km landed at the IGI airport?
Boeing 787 Dream-liner
46. Who has been appointed as Railway Minister in cabinet reshuffle 2011?
47. Who has been appointed as Tribal Affairs and Panchayati Raj Minister in cabinet reshuffle 2011?
Kishore Chandra Deo
48. Who takes over Ministry of Steel in cabinet reshuffle 2011?
Beni Prasad Verma
49. Who has been appointed as Rural Development Minister in cabinet reshuffle 2011?
50. Which country has been included as 193rd member of United Nations?
51. Which 3 telecom companies have shared their networks and rolled out Plan India 3G services?
Vodafone, Bharti and Idea
52. In which 2 Indian cities was Google Transit launched?
Chennai and Hyderabad
53. Which company is all set to launch iPad rival?
54. At what percent did June 2011 inflation close?
55. Which company recently unveiled smallest data center?
56. Who has been named as coach for Sri Lankan cricket team ahead of Australia’s tour?
57. Who has lent his voice for pop star Britney Spear’s new single “I Wanna Go”?
58. Which latest communication satellite has been launched by ISRO?
59. Which Finance company is all set to offer loans against gold ETF units?
60. Name the CEO of Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp, China’s biggest chip maker who quit recently.
61. Who and at what age clinched the British Open Golf championship 2011?
62. Which IT company recently announced a 13-member executive council?
63. Who has been elected as president of Mumbai Cricket Association?
64. Who has been elected as chief of Empowered Committee of Goods and Services Tax?
Sushil Kumar Modi
65. Against whom did India win an International football friendly match?
66. Which shuttle undocked for the final time from International Space station, NASA?
67. Where and for which project has BHEL commissioned 525MW thermal set?
Maithon Right Bank thermal power project in Jharkhand
68. Which country won the women’s soccer World Cup 2011?
69. Which company is eyeing to open its IT centre in Gujarat?
70. Which South American country has surpassed Saudi Arabia in oil reserves?
71. Which company bought .CO domain ahead of its 1st year anniversary of public launch?
Google and will be used as G.Co to launch shortcut URL
72. Which luxury hotels have been accorded the LEED Platinum (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) rating?
ITC’s luxury hotels
73. Name the person who ignited China’s interest in the NBA and became one of Asia’s best-known athletes and is retired now.
74. Which 2 countries are set to participate in the 2000th test in the history of Test Cricket?
India and England
75. Who has been appointed as Andhra Pradesh Director General of Police ?
V. Dinesh Reddy
IPS officer of 1977 batch V. Dinesh Reddy has been appointed the Director General of Police of Andhra Pradesh.
Mr. Dinesh Reddy, currently the Director General of Vigilance and Enforcement.
76. Who has been appointed as Chairman of Alcatel-Lucent for its India operations?
Asian country becomes the first country to win the FIFA women’s world cup?
Who won the British Open Golf Championship 2011?
Who was the 400th wicket of Harbhajan Singh?
Which countries reached the semi-finals of Copa America 2011?
Who won the MotoGP German Grand Prix 2011?
Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda Team)
Which country won the Snooker World Cup 2011 after 15 years?
social networking site has gained 2nd rank in USA?
Who is been appointed as the CEO of Genpact?
Who is the VC and CEO of HDFC bank?
Who is the CEO of Facebook?
In which Indian city will the Nano Science and Technology be setup?
Who sealed his 2012 Olympics berth for the Archery Event?
Which actor is all set to construct a temple for Sachin Tendulkar and Mahendra Singh Dhoni?
Which part of Sudan is all set to celebrate its Independence Day on 8th July 2011,Saturday?
Which networking website now allows video calls and group chat?
Who recently joined 400 wicket elite club in Test Cricket?
Where in India has Indian Institute of Management planned to open its 2nd campus?
Who is to succeed defence secretary Pradeep Kumar?
Who won gold in 19th Asian Athletics Championship?
Which job-starved state in India has been granted Rs.1,000 crore job plan?
Jammu and Kashmir
Who has been appointed as CFO of Firssource Solutions Limited.?
1. Who was crowned Miss Universe 2010?
– Miss Mexico Jimena Navarrete (22)
2. who become the sixth Indian batsman to score 7000 Test runs ?
– Virender Sehwag became the sixth Indian batsman to score 7000 Test runs during his unbeaten knock of 97 on third and final Test against Sri Lanka in Colombo.
3. who won Rajiv Gandhi khel Ratan award ?
-Saina Nehwal, who climbed to No. 2 in world rankings recently following three major title wins in Chennai, Singapore and Indonesia, was the popular choice for the Khel Ratna Award.
4. who has been appointed the chairperson to head the committee that has been constituted to select the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, Arjuna and Dhyanchand awards apart from Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puraskar for 2010.
– P.T. Usha
5. Who Becomes the first Indian to win on the U.S. PGA Tour ?
– Arjun Atwal became the first Indian and just the sixth Asian-born player to win on the PGA Tour when he secured a one-stroke victory at the Wyndham Championship.
6. Winners of the Australian Open 2010.
– Single :-
Men: Roger Federer (Switzerland) ,Women: Serena Williams (US)
Men: Bob and Mike Bryan (US),Women: Serena & Venus Williams (US) ,Mixed: Cara Black (Zimbabwe) & Leander Paes (India)
7. Who was appointed as Election Commissioner?
– Former bureaucrat Harishankar Brahma
other one is V.S. Sampath, Election Commissioner
8. Who became Australia’s the first full-time selector after being appointed as National Talent Manager by the Cricket Board?
-Former cricketer Greg Chappell
9. Who has been appointed as National Ambassador of UNICEF ?
– The famous Bollywood star Priyanka Chopra
10. Who will host a quadrilateral summit with leaders of Afghanistan,Pakistan and Tajikistan to discuss the situation in Af-Pak region.
– Russian President Dmitry Medvedev
11. Which state bans plastic carry-bags ?
In a major step for environment protection, the Rajasthan government announced a complete ban on the use of plastic carry-bags all over the State from August 1. A notification declared the entire State a “plastic carry-bag-free zone.”
The ban will also apply to manufacture, storage, import, sale and transport of plastic carry-bags.
Violation of the order will attract prosecution under Section 15 of the Environment Protection Act, which prescribes jail for five years or a fine of up to Rs.1 lakh or both. Recurrence of the offence may lead to penalty of Rs.5,000 a day.
12. Which two countryhave agreed to strengthen their respective National Action Plans under the Global Tiger Forum for tiger conservation in a time-bound implementation.
– India and Nepal
13. Who has been selected ‘Businessman of the decade’
– Ratan Tata, Chairman of the TATA group was bestowed with the title of ‘Businessman of the Decade’ during a ceremony held in Mumbai.
Governor of Maharashtra, K. Sankaranarayanan felicitated Ratan Tata with the award at a function organised by Federation of Indo-Israel Chambers of Commerce.
14. Who was the Indian-American CEO of an IT company has been sentenced to 20 months imprisonment and ordered to pay over USD 800,000 in restitution for his role in a bribery and kickback scheme.
– Sushil Bansal, 43, President and CEO of Advanced Integrated Technology Corporation.
An Indian-American CEO of an IT company has been sentenced to 20 months imprisonment and ordered to pay over USD 800,000 in restitution for his role in a bribery and kickback scheme.
15. Who was Darbari and why did CWG OC terminated Darbari’s services ?
– CWG OC terminates Darbari’s services: Acting on the persistent plea of the sports ministry, the Commonwealth Games Organising Committee on Monday terminated the services of its tainted Joint Director General TS Darbari in the wake of the corruption scandal that has rocked the event.
16. Who resigned Commonwealth Games OC treasurer for CWG 3- 14, 2010 Ganes ?
– Anil Khanna quits from Commonwealth Games OC treasurer
17. Who was the Chief Minister undergone a complicated double heart surgery at the Asian Heart Institute recently ?
– Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi
18. What was the Maruti Suzuki new model launched on August 4, 2010 ?
– Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 new model launched at Rs 3 lakh on
19. Who was the World’s oldest Test cricketer died on August 2, 2010 ?
– New Zealand sportsman Eric Tindill.
New Zealand sportsman Eric Tindill, a double international who was the world’s oldest surviving Test cricketer and an All Black, has died aged 99
20. Who received the Lokmanya Tilak Award in 2010 ?
– Sheila Dixit has been received the Lokmanya Tilak Award
21. Who was the 14-year-old the youngest entrant into IIT-Kanpur’s prestigious MSc physics programme ?
– Sahal Kaushik
22. No more time for sorrow’ written by ——————. The author predict that terrorist will set off an atom bomb in the USA by 2013.
– Robert Beeman
23. Who took charge as Chief Eelection Commissioner on July 30, 2010 ?
– S Y Quraishi takes charge as Chief Eelection Commissioner
24. —————– famous Hindi actor who died with heart attack on July 28, 2010
– Ravi Baswani
25. ————- airliner from Karachi carrying 150 people crashed in a ball of flames densely wooded hills above Islamabad
– Private airline Air Blue flight
Pakistani airliner carrying 150 people crashed in a ball of flames July 28, 2010 into densely wooded hills above Islamabad during heavy rain and poor visibility, leaving little hope of survivors.
26. Who was accused in Koda scam ?
– Diamond merchant Manoj Punamia
Manoj Punamia one of the key accused in the Koda scam, was arrested on Saturday night July 24, 2010 at the Mumbai airport when he was returning from a foreign trip.
27. ————— is the missile that India successfully test-fired on July 26, 2010 .
India successfully test-fires interceptor missile. The indigenously developed interceptor missile, capable of destroying any in-coming hostile ballistic missile, was test-fired from the Integrated Test Range at Wheeler Island off Odisha coast.
28. Who is the Former Goa tourism minister ———— granted bail in a death case on ————- ?
– Former Goa tourism minister Mickky Pacheco, who was remanded to 14-day judicial custody in the Nadia Torrado death case, on July 26, 2010 Monday granted bail by a Goa court.
29. Who is the Cricketer decided and wants to have his blood used on a page of his autobiography to be released in February next year (Feb 2011) ?
– Batting star Sachin Tendulkar
30. The Andhra Pradesh High Court has granted bail to former Satyam managing director Rama Raju, former chief financial officer Vadlamani Srinivas and three others accused in the multi-crore rupee accounting scam on —————–
– July 20, 2010
31. Who is the first Indian-origin woman professor in the institution’s history ?
– Gita Gopinath
Noted academician Gita Gopinath has been named professor of economics at the prestigious Harvard University, becoming the first Indian-origin woman professor in the institution’s history.
32. Who was chargsheeted on July 20, 2010 for passing secret info to ISI ?
– Madhuri Gupta
Delhi Police today chargesheeted disgraced diplomat Madhuri Gupta accusing her of passing secret information to Pakistan’s ISI during her posting in Islamabad. Gupta, who was arrested in April, has been accused of being in touch with two ISI officials, Mubshar Raza Rana and Jamshed.
33. ———————— seed extract has anti-diabetic properties says a pharmacology professor at the University of Montreal’s Faculty of Medicine.
– Cashew seed
Cashew tree products have long been alleged to be effective anti-inflammatory agents, counter high blood sugar and prevent insulin resistance among diabetics.
34. Who is the Former India hockey star attacked umpire ?
– Sunil Ekka
Former India hockey player Sunil Ekka, playing for Army XI, lashed out with his hockey stick at veteran umpire RS Suriya Prakash, leaving the latter seriously injured.
35. Which are the two Trians rammed each other and met to Trian Accident which killed and injuried many people in West Bengal ?
– Uttarbanga Express and Vananchal Express
60 people were killed and over 90 injured when a speeding Uttarbanga Express tore through the rear of Vananchal Express at the Sainthia station in Birbhum district of West Bengal. The train apparently overshot the signal.
36. Why did TDP made bandh on July 19, 2010 ?
– TDP bandh was made to protest the arrest of party chief N Chandrababu Naidu, who began a hunger strike against Maharashtra stopping his visit to the Babhli barrage site.
37. New Rupee Symbol of India or Indian Rupee Symbol represents ?
Answer: A mix of the Devanagri ‘Ra’ and Roman ‘R’, to become the fifth currency in the world to have a distinct identity.
38. New Rupee Symbol of India or Indian Rupee Symbol designed by __________?
– IIT post-graduate D Uday Kumar
39. New Indian Rupee symbol has been revealed by Cabinet on ?
Answer: July 15, 2010
40. What was The world’s only antivirus browser ?
– Epic Browser
41. 2010 ESPY Award Winners (ESPN)
– 2010 ESPY Award Winners:
42. Who was the former minister surrenderd on July 3, 2010 in connection with the death case of Nadia Torrado (Friend) ?
– Former Goa minister Pacheco surrenders on Nadia death case
Nadia death case: Former Goa minister Pacheco surrendersFormer Goa tourism minister Francisco “Mickky” Pacheco, charged with culpable homicide following the death of Nadia Torrado, was underground for nearly a month as the police began to look for him.
43. Who recieved Arthur Ashe ESPY Courage Award in 2010 ?
– Ed Thomas’s family
44. Who was the Political leader recently booked in a Case/ scam?
– Bihar CM Nitish Kumar, his deputy S K Modi and several other ministers
A case has been filed against Bihar CM Nitish Kumar, his deputy S K Modi and several other ministers in an alleged Rs 11,412 crore scam, involving irregularities related to fraudulent withdrawals and corruption.
45. Who is the winner of the Best Young Player Award award in fifa 2010 ?
– Thomas MUELLER
46. Who has been elected as Man of the Match in Fifa World Cup 2010 ?
– Andres INIESTA
47. ——————— is the winner of the adidas Golden Glove award in Fifa World Cup 2010 ?
– Iker CASILLAS
48. Who is the winner of the adidas Golden Shoe award in Fifa World Cup 2010 ?
– Thomas MUELLER
49. ______________ is the winner of the adidas Golden Ball award in 2010 ?
–: Diego FORLAN
50. who took places of Runner-Up, third and Fourth Places in Fifa World Cup 2010 ?
– Runners-Up: Netherlands, Third: Germany, Fourth: Uruguay
Current affairs 2010 for bank exams | Current Affairs June – July quiz | objective questions | SBI | gk questions | current affairs for civil services | General knowledge|
306. India’s first “sea bridge” which was officially opened in Mumbai, which is 5.6-kilometre (3.5-mile) long covers from?
Bandra to Worli Sea
It is hoped that the 16.5-billion-rupee (340-million-dollar) eight-lane freeway will help cut the 40-minute journey between the suburbs of Bandra and Worli to just eight minutes and will ease chronic congestion on the city’s notoriously choked roads. Sea Link was inaugurated by the ruling Congress party Chief Sonia Gandhi and named after her late husband and former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi.
307. The only known survivor of the crash of the Yemeni airliner clung to wreckage in the Indian Ocean carrying 153 people (142 passengers, 11 crew members)?
Baya Bakari, 13.year old girl
308. The Commission probing the 1992 demolition of Babri Masjid in Ayodhya which submitted its report to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh recently?
309. India’s ambassador to China, who is appointed as the next foreign secretary of India ?
310. Former England cricket captain who retired from all forms of professional cricket recently?
311. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has recently invited a musician from India to join its roster of voting members. (i.e. Oscar Academy Membership). Name that musician?
312. Confederations Cup champions who ousted Spain from the first place at FIFA world Football ranking, after one year of leadership?
313. Veteran Japanese diplomat who was elected as new director-general of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)?
314. The state of USA which was declared a fiscal emergency recently as the Legislature continued struggling with a budget for the cash-strapped state?
315. Air Marshal of Southern Air Command chief, who has been appointed as Honorary Air aide de camp (ADC) to President Pratibha Patel?
316. Famous Indian painter whose one painting was auctioned for a record $2 million at Christie’s in June 2008 passed away recently due to a cardiac ailment?
317. Prime minister of Croatia and leader of the centre-right Croatian Democratic Union (HDZ) who resigned recently?
318. Who won the Wimbledon Women’s Singles title 2009 after defeating Venus Williams in the final?
319. Who has taken charge as the new Secretary of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB) from July 6, 2009.
320. Who won the Wimbledon Men’s Singles title 2009 after defeating Andy Roddick in the final?
Roger Federer. He becomes the first man to win 15 grand slams, and to regain the world No 1 ranking.
321. Who won Wimbledon Women’s doubles title 2009?
Venus Williams and Serena Williams. They beat Samantha Stosur and Rennae Stubbs of Australia
322. Who won Wimbledon men’s doubles title 2009?
Daniel Nestor of Canada and Nenad Zimonjic of Serbia won Wimbledon men’s doubles title 2009. They beat top-seeded American twins Bob and Mike Bryan in the final.
323. The Organisation of American States (OAS) recently expelled a country in reaction to last week’s military coup that ousted its President Manuel Zelaya. Which is that country?
324. American court has recently banned publication of a Swedish book promoted as a sequel to JD Salinger’s “The Catcher in the Rye”. ? Name that book and its author?
“60 Years Later: Coming through the Rye” written by Fredrik Colting
325. Who became the first woman Prime Minister of Croatia?
326. The person who served as US defence secretary during the Vietnam War and the Cuban Missile Crisis, has died recently at the age of 93?
327. Who won the mixed doubles titles at Wimbledon 2009?
Mark Knowles of the Bahamas and Anna-Lena Groenefeld of Germany.
They beat top-seeded Leander Paes of India and Cara Black of Zimbabwe 7-5, 6-3, in the final.
328. Pakistan Cricket player and one of its cricketing pioneers, who bowled the first delivery and took the first wicket in the country’s inaugural Test match died recently after battling prostate cancer?
329. Who is appointed as Director (Projects) of GAIL India?
Mr R D Goyal
330. French Tennis Player, who was banned by ATP Tour for betting on matches, found dead in stairwell of his Paris apartment ?
331. City of Australia which has decided to ban the sale and use of bottled water to act for the preservation of the environment?
332. Player of Manchester United’s who has joined Real Madrid for $70 million?
333. Versatile Actor who was inducted into the Territorial Army as Honorary Lieutenant Colonel.
This Malayalam Superstar has won four national awards and the second recent high-profile personality after Kapil Dev to don the Territorial Army uniform.
Lt Col Mohan Lal will be working with the Kerala based 122 Infantry Battalion of the Territorial Army (TA).
334. Name the first pilot from Kerala of the Royal Air Force (Later Indian Air Force) and the First Head Of Training Team of The Indian National Defence Academy who died recently?
335. Fifteen-year-old girl of Toronto who broke the world record in the women’s 50-metre breaststroke at the world championships swimming trials?
336. Who sets new world record in 100 meter backstroke and first ever to go under 52 sec (51.94 seconds) at the U.S. national championships.
337. Global fast food Company which has apologized to Hindus for running an advertisement in Spain that showed an Indian goddess Lakshmi about to eat a beef burger?
338. Who is elected as president of Indonesia for the second term?
Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono
339. Former Australian coach John Buchanan has criticized some of the present and former Indian cricket stars like Sourav Ganguly, Yuvraj Singh, Sunil Gavaskar, Sachin Tendulkar and Harbhajan Singh in his recently-published book. Name of that book.
“The Future of Cricket: The Rise of Twenty20.”
340. The Cricket Team which have boycotted the series against Bangladesh because of an outstanding contractual dispute with its Cricket board?
West Indies Cricket Team
350. Who will remain captain of the German national team for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa?
351. Who sets new world record in 100 meter butterfly at the U.S. national championships in 50.22 seconds, lowering Ian Crocker’s mark of 50.40 set at the 2005 world championships in Montreal?
352. Which country finished at the first position at the 5th South Asian Shooting Championship bagging 21 gold medals out of 24 gold medals?
353. Player turned coach who has been named the India under-16 football coach for the Asian qualifiers to be held in Abu Dhabi in October 2009.
354. The world’s most famous bell ringing out the hours on the world’s most famous clock, celebrated its 150th anniversary on July 11, 2009 in London?
355. The former boxing champion and one of the most amazing boxer of his generation, who has been found dead in a Brazilian hotel room recently?
356. Who sets new world record in 200 meter backstroke at the U.S. national championships?
357. Indian Squash player who won the third WISPA title of her career when she defeated home favourite Low Wee Wern in the final of the $ 16,000 NSC series event on Saturday in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia
358. Who wins Newport Hall of Fame Tennis championships ATP Title?
359. Renowned Marathi actor to win Maharashtra government’s best actor award consecutively for three years, died recently in Pune after prolonged illness?
360. A distinguished conductor and his wife have recently died at the Dignitas suicide clinic in Switzerland. He was conductor emeritus of the BBC Philharmonic among many other great achievements, and Lady Downes, 74, was a former ballet dancer and choreographer. Who are they?
Sir Edward Downes and Joan
361. Second cricket test between Srilanka and Pakistan at Colombo won by?
Man of the match: Fawad Alam
Sri Lanka won the first test match on the last day of the match.
362. Former prime minister of Poland and European Parliament member since 2004, who has been elected president of the European Parliament?
363. Who is appointed as the new defence secretary of India?
364. First test between West Indies and Bangladesh held in July is won by?
365. Indian Scientist and National Research Professor at the Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research who has been nominated for the prestigious Royal Medal by the Royal Society, London.
Prof. C.N.R. Rao,
366. England all-rounder who decided to retire from test cricket after the ashes series against Australia?
367. Who has become the first Indian batsman in over four years to head the batting rankings in test matches by ICC?
368. Canadian comedian of Indian parents, came from Kolkatta, who has been ranked among the Top 10 Earning Comedians in the world by Forbes?
369. Carnatic music exponent and film playback singer in many Indian languages, popularly referred as one of the “female trinity of Carnatic music” who passed away at the age of 90?
Damal Krishnaswamy Pattammal (D.K.Pattammal)
370. Chairman of the Iranian Atomic Energy Organization who resigned from his post?
Gholam Reza Aghazadeh
371. The space shuttle of NASA descended safely to Earth, ending a successful 16-day assembly mission to the international space station ?
372. Summit of the Non-Allied Movement in 2012 will take place in?
373. Former India cricket captain who has been awarded an Honorary Fellowship by the University of Lancashire.
374. Name the club of Argentina which won the Libertadores Cup beating Brazil’s Cruzeiro by two goals to one?
375. The Middlesex University in Hendon, London, has conferred an Indian music director with an honorary doctorate. Who is he?
376. Name the 112th element which has been officially added to the Periodic Table, earlier named as Ununbium?
The element with symbol “Cp” is named in honor of astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus. This name is expected to be officially endorsed by IUPAC in January 2010, after six months for discussion.
377. Lt Governor of the Union Territory of Puducherry?
378. New Governors of States of India
Uttar Pradesh-B.L. Joshi
Gujarat-Devendra Nath Dwivedi
Assam-Syed Sibtey Razi
Uttrakhand- Margaret Alva
379. “The most trusted man in America,” who was the pioneering television news anchor died recently at the age of 92?
380. First World War veteran who became the world’s oldest man last month died at the age of 113.
381. Srilankan bowler who retired from test cricket after the test match against Pakistan?
382. Womens hockey champions trophy won by?
Argentina. They beat Australia (4-3) in the final
383. India agreed to enter into an understanding on end-use monitoring agreement recently with a country that will pave the way for greater defence cooperation. Which country?
United States of America
384. Second test of Ashes held at Lord’s won by?
England. This is for the first time in 75 years that England has won the Ashes at Lord’s. They beat Australia by 115 runs in the second Test
Man of the Match: Andrew Flintoff (five wickets for 92 runs)
385. The solar eclipse witnessed on the month of July 2009 was the longest total solar eclipse during the 21st century, not to be surpassed until June 2132. It lasted a maximum of 6 minutes and 39 seconds off the coast of Southeast Asia, causing tourist interest in eastern China, Japan, India and Nepal. Which day it witnessed?
July 22, 2009
386. The second Indian archer to win a Youth World Championship title after bagging gold in the girls’ Cadet Recurve category in the 11th edition of the tournament at Ogden (Utah), USA?
387. The Airlines apologized for frisking former Indian President Abdul Kalam at the Indira Gandhi International Airport when he was going on a visit to the US this April?
Continental Airlines of U.S.A
388. Hindustani music legend who mesmerized audiences with her melodious voice for over six decades, died recently?
389. Test Cricket Series between West Indies and Bangladesh won by ?
Man of the Match: Shakib Al Hasan
390. Who was awarded the Mahatma Gandhi International Award for Reconciliation and Peace?
Aung San Suu Kyi, the Myanmarese pro-democracy activist and leader,
391. Who becomes the first ever black Miss England?
392. Former Peruvian president who was sentenced to seven and a half years in prison on corruption charges.?
393. Who is named as new LTTE chief ?
394. Who became the youngest player (12 years old) ever to play in professional football when he came on as a substitute for Aurora in a Bolivian Clausura championship match?
395. Who becomes the highest ever Australian run scorer in first class cricket surpassing the record of the legendary Sir Donald Bradman?
396. Two piano works recently have been identified as the creation of a legendary musician which has long been in the possession of the International Mozarteum Foundation in the Austrian city of Salzburg. Name that musician?
Mozart (Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.)
397. Newly elected President of Kyrgyzstan?
398. Which country has won the team tech gold medal in synchronized swimming at the world championships?
Russia has won both gold medals in synchro at the last three Olympics.
399. Test Cricket series between Srilanka and Pakistan held is won by?
Sri Lanka won the series by 2-0.
Man of the series:Nuvan Kulasekhara
Man of the match of third test: Kumar Sangakkara. Third Test ended in a draw.
400. Who received the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development for 2007?
Bill Gates, on behalf of “Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation” for their exemplary philanthropic work across the world and in India especially in the area of health.
401. One of the world’s largest optical telescopes, installed on a mountain in the Canary Islands, which is extremely powerful and will be able to spot some of the faintest, most distant objects in the Universe?
Great Canary Telescope
With a main mirror 10.4 metre across, it will effectively be the largest telescope for visible and infrared light in the world.
402. India’s first nuclear powered ballistic missile submarine at the naval dockyard, Visakhapatnam which is launched by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his wife Gursharan Kaur on July 26,2009?
403. Eminent music director and sitarist composed the musical scores for about 40 films in Hindi, Marathi, and Malayalam who blended Indian classical and Western music in his work, was a disciple of Pandit Ravi Shankar died at the age of 73?
404. Who won ITF Lexington Challenger Tennis title?
405. Which country won CONCACAF Gold Cup Football title beating U.S.A (5-0) in the final?
406. Who has been awarded the 2009 Amnesty International Ambassador of Conscience award?
Aung San Suu Kyi
407. Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister who resigned after a senior PDP leader alleged in the state assembly that he was involved in the 2006 sex scandal, a charge dismissed by him as false?
408. Who win gold in the women’s 200 metres individual medley at the World Championships?
409. Who won women’s 100 metres butterfly final at the world swimming championships?
410. Veteran Malayalam actor, who won critical acclaim for the ease with which he portrayed villainous roles in Malayalam and Tamil cinema died at the age of 55?
411. Charismatic Jaipur royal, a three-time MP and who was once named as ”World’’s Ten Most Beautiful Women” by ”Vogue” magazine, died here today following a prolonged illness.?
Rajmata Gayatri Devi
412. Sports Awards 2009:
Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna:
M.C. Marykom (boxer),
Vijender Kumar (boxer)
Sushil Kumar (wrestling)
Mangal Singh Champia (archery), Sinimol Paulose (athletics), Saina Nehwal (badminton), L. Saritha Devi (boxing), Tania Sachdeva (chess), Gautam Gambhir (cricket), Ignatius Tirkey (hockey), Surinder Kaur (hockey), Pankaj Shirsat (kabaddi), B. Prabhu (physically challenged), Satish Joshi (rowing), Ranjan Sodhi (shooting), Poulami Ghatak (table tennis), Yogeshwar Dutt (wrestling), G.L. Yadav (yatching)
Baldev Singh (hockey), Jaidev Bisht (boxing), Satpal (wrestling), Pullela Gopichand (badminton) and Udaikumar (kabaddi).
413. One day cricket series between West Indies and Bangladesh won by ?
414. Who won gold in the 200- meter freestyle final at the world swimming championships in Rome?
He won in a world record time of 1 minute, 42 seconds, ahead of previous record-holder Michael Phelps
415. Who is appointed as the captain of 20-20 Team of Pakistan?