1. Bharat Ratna Classical Singer who died recently at the age of 88 ?
– Pandit Bhinsen Joshi
2. Italian Film director ,screenwriter and one of the masters of the Commedia all’Italiana (Comedy Italian style) who died on November 29, 2010 at the age of 95, after comitting suicide by jumping from a window of the San Giovanni hospital in Rome, where he was admitted a few days earlier for prostate cancer?
– Mario Monicelli.
3. who has been selected for the National Communal Harmony Award ?
Sree Kanteerava Stadium, Bangalore.
5. which Indian honoured with the Crystal Award of the World Economic Forum (WEF)
Internationally renowned music composer A.R. Rahman was on 26-01-2011 honoured with the Crystal Award of the World Economic Forum (WEF) at the opening ceremony of its annual meet here being attended by 2,500 global leaders from the fields of business, government, art, culture and religion.Mr. Rahman, 44, received the award, given to outstanding artists who use their talent for social and charitable work.The WEF took note of his work for the welfare of children. He said he got motivation from social work.
6. Who has taken charge as the fourth deputy governor at the Reserve Bank
7. Who won the Player of the series award in the ODI cricket series between India and New Zealand held in India in 2010?
– Gautam Gambhir. (India).
8. List of Padma Awardees 2011
9. who has appointed as the SEBI’s next Chairman ?
– Mr U.K. Sinha
Amar Pratap Singh.
He is a 1974 batch IPS officer from Jharkhand cadre.
11. Former President of which Asian country who wanted to visit India for attending a seminar on December 4, 2010, was denied a visa on December 2, 2010?
India has decided not to grant a visa to former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf who had expressed his wish to visit India to attend a seminar. The decision was taken after the home ministry expressed reservations over the visit of the former Pakistani military ruler due to his recent anti-India statements.
12. The 290-km range supersonic cruise missile successfully test-fired by India on December 2, 2010 from the Integrated Test Range at Chandipur off the Orissa coast?
13. Which country will host the 2018 FIFA World Cup Football?
Qatar will host the 2022 FIFA World Cup Football.
14. Who has been appointed as an Advisor to Prime Minister on Skill Development ?
S Ramadorai, former chief of IT giant firm TCS
15. Who has been voted women’s tennis Player of the Year -2010?
She earned her the Player of the Year award of WTA for the second time in her career (the first time she won it in 2005) Clijsters was also given the Player Service award, which recognizes the player who has done the most to support her fellow players through the WTA Players’ Council or other initiatives.
Other award winners:
Newcomer of the Year – Petra Kvitova
Comeback Player of the Year – Justine Henin
Karen Krantzcke Sportsmanship Award – Elena Dementieva
Humanitarian of the Year – Maria Sharapova
Most Improved Player – Francesca Schiavone
The doubles award went to Gisela Dulko of Argentina and Flavia Pennetta of Italy.
16. Information Technology Minister of Karnataka who resigned on December 3, 2010, following a police complaint against him in a multicrore land deal?
Katta Subramanya Naidu.
17. Regulators in which country have okayed the agreement between Yahoo Japan and Google Inc.), which enables the former to use Google technology to power its search services in the country?
18. Which Indian Sportsperson has signed a 26-crore deal with world’s 3rd largest and India’s largest spirit maker UB group?
Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
Sachin Tendulkar has refused an endorsement deal offer to promote an alcohol brand of UB group which was worth 20 crore. Earlier, Tendulkar also refused Vijay Mallya when he came to Tendulkar for Kingfisher advertisement during IPL time in which many cricket players took part.
19. Who is appointed as Director General of Civil Aviation?
E. K. Bharat Bhushan.
He is an IAS officer of the 1979 batch from Kerala cadre.
20. On Every year January 25 will be celebrated as the which day?
– National Voters Day
21. Who has been crowned Miss Earth 2010 in Vietnam?
Nicole Faria. (India).
The 10th edition of the Miss Earth beauty pageant was held in Vinpearl Land, Nha Trang, Vietnam on December 11, 2010.
22. Which countries signed seven agreements including five in the area of nuclear energy, to pave the way for more intensive cooperation in this sector on 6th December, 2010?
India and France.
23. Which country won the Davis Cup tennis for the first time in its history beating France in the final on December 5, 2010?
Serbia won its first Davis Cup title, rallying for a 3-2 victory over France when Viktor Troicki beat Michael Llodra 6-2, 6-2, 6-3 in the final singles match.
24. Which American airline was convicted for the crash of Air France Concorde in 2000 occurred when the plane took off from Charles de Gaulle airport?
On 25 July 2000, Air France Flight 4590 crashed in Gonesse, France, killing all 100 passengers and nine crew members on board the flight, and four people on the ground. It was the only fatal incident involving Concorde. The tragedy of Air France Flight AF4590 which covered Paris-New York, was the beginning of the end of the legendary Concorde, which in 2003 stopped working definitely.
25. According to the nuclear pact signed between France and India on December 5, 2010, France will construct two 1650 MW nuclear power reactors in India. The nuclear reactors are to be constructed in which Indian state?
Jaitapur in Maharashtra
France became the first country to sign agreements to set up nuclear reactors in India. The Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) and French company Areva signed an agreement for building two European pressure reactors at Jaitapur in Maharashtra after talks between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and French President Ncolas Sarkozy.
26. The world’s most expensive illustrated book, which has been sold for a record price of 7.3 million pounds ($11.5 million) at an auction in London?
“Birds of America”.
A rare copy of John James Audubon’s Birds of America, billed as the world’s most expensive book, has sold for more than £7 million (Rs 50 crore) at auction. Only 119 complete copies of the 19th-century book are known to exist, and 108 are owned by museums and libraries.
27. The Confucius Peace Prize which was created in 2010 by an organization in the People’s Republic of China as a move to counter the Nobel Peace Prize has been awarded to?
Lien Chan. Former Taiwanese Vice President.
China deemed Nobel Committee’s decision to honour the imprisoned “criminal” Liu Xiaobo as an attack on its political and legal system.
28. An upgraded version of nuclear-capable intermediate- range ballistic missile of India failed in its maiden test from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Wheeler Island off Orissa coast on December 10, 2010. Name of that missile?
Agni II Plus.
29. Which country is leading the list of corrupt countries according to survey report of Transparency International, a global body that works as a civil society organization?
The Transparency International has released its survey 2010 called CPI (Corruption Perception Index) in which Somalia is leading the list of corrupt countries followed by Afghanistan, Myanmar and Iraq.
The main objective of Transparency International is to identify the corrupt sectors in the world through the world wide survey and to do the efforts in making a change towards a corruption free world.
30. Facebook founder who has joined the league of Warren Buffett and Bill Gates in pledging to give away a majority of their fortune for charitable causes?
Zuckerberg, one of the world’s youngest billionaires with an estimated wealth of over $6 billion.
Warren Buffett is an American investor, industrialist and philanthropist. He is currently the third wealthiest person in the world as of 2010.
Bill Gates is an American business magnate, philanthropist, author and chairman of Microsoft, the software company he founded with Paul Allen.
31. Who won gold in the over 81kg weight category of the Monnet 11th senior women’s boxing championship at the Lulu International Convention Centre?
Haryana won the overall title with 32 points. Kerala and Delhi shared the second spot with 17 points each.
32. Indian who has been chosen for the Laureus Media International Selection Panel for 11th consecutive term?
V Rajagopal. Deputy Editor of Mathrubhumi, a leading newspaper in Malayalam.
He would be among panelists elected from across 150 countries to decide who should be the winners of the coveted Laureus sports awards in 2011.
33. Which country has been awarded the rights to host the 2012 Asia Cup Cricket?
Asia Cup-2012 will be held at the Shere Bangla National stadium in Mirpur from March 1 to March 12. The last time Bangladesh hosted the Asia Cup was in 2000.
34. U.S. special envoy to Afghanistan and Pakistan who died on December 13, 2010 at the age of 69 after undergoing heart surgery?
He was the only person to have held the position of Assistant Secretary of State for two different regions of the world (Asia from 1977 to 1981 and Europe from 1994 to 1996). Later, Holbrooke was the Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan under the Obama administration.
35. Who has become the second youngest person ever to win Time Magazine’s Person of the Year 2010?
He is an American computer scientist, software developer and philanthropist best known for creating the social networking site Facebook, of which he is CEO and president.
36. Who is appointed as the head of planning for military operations of Al-Qaeda against the West?
Al-Qaeda has made jihadi commander Ilyas Kashmiri as its chief military strategist for the region to plan and spearhead terrorist attacks against the West.
37. Corporate lobbyist who was questioned by Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) team on 21-12-2010 for her firm’s alleged role in the 2G spectrum allocation case?
38. Which PSU (Public Sector Undertaking) has been conferred with the MOU Excellence Award to facilitate the PSU’s performance during 2008-09?
Cochin Shipyard Ltd.
39. Who was crowned the winner of The Biggest Loser Asia 2, a popular weight-loss reality TV series which was conducted in an IOI Resort City mansion in Malaysia’s Putrajaya?
The 24-year-old walked away with the prize money of US$100,000 after losing 67kg from his starting weight of 144kg – making him the contestant with the highest percentage of weight loss (46.53%) over a six-month period.
40. Who has won the London Chess Classic for the second time after a smooth victory over Nigel Short in the seventh and last round?
41. Which countries signed six agreements on December 16, 2010 in the fields of green technology, hydrological data of common rivers, media exchanges, cultural exchanges, banking sectors?
India and China.
42. Which Bank is India’s most popular bank for 2010 ?
HDFC Bank click here for detail
43. Noted Malayalam writer who has won Kendra Sahithya Academy Award-2010 for his travelogue book ‘Haimavathabhoovil’?
He is the Chairman and Managing Director of Malayalam daily Mathrubhumi. . He got the award for his book ` Haimavathabhoovil ‘, which narrates his travels to the Himalayas. The award comprises of Rs 1 lakh and a certificate.
44. Man of the Match Winners of test Cricket series between South Africa and India held in South Africa in December 2010:
First test played from December 16, 2010 at SuperSport Park, Centurion:
Man of the Match: Jacques Kallis (South Africa).
He scored unbeaten 201 runs in first innings and took 2 wickets.
Result: South Africa beat India by an innings and 25 runs
Second test played from December 26, 2010 at Kingsmead, Durban:
Man of the Match: VVS Laxman (India).
He scored 38 runs in first innings and 96 runs in second innings.
Result: India beat South Africa by 87 runs.
45. Which countries signed 30 agreements on December 21, 2010, including on oil and gas sector and pacts on nuclear energy, defence and space cooperation?
India and Russia.
46. Which country recently banned newspapers, publishers and website-owners from using foreign words – particularly English ones?
47. Noted Iranian filmmaker who has been sentenced for six years in jail and barred from directing and producing movies for the next 20-years?
The filmmaker was convicted of colluding in gathering and making propaganda against the regime. He is the director of films such as “Crimson Gold” ,”The White Balloon” and ‘The Mirror”,
Another Iranian film-maker, Mohammad Rasulov, also received a six-year sentence on similar charges.
48. Which country conducted successful experiment of fastest Train of World on 4 December, 2010?
The train traveled from Beijing to Shingai in 5 hrs at the speed of 486 Km per hour. China already has the world fastest railway track which it intends to double by 2020.
49. Which day is observed as International Widows Day?
In order to address the plight of widows worldwide, the United Nations General Assembly has declared June 23 as International Widows Day.
50. Which country trained an elite police force in Bangladesh accused of extra-judicial killings and human rights violations, according to the latest diplomatic cables revealed by WikiLeaks?
51. Who are the three Indians to figure in the all-time ODI dream team chosen by fans in a poll conducted by the International Cricket Council (ICC)?
Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag and Kapil Dev.
Adam Gilchrist, Ricky Ponting and Glen McGrath (Australia)
Brian Lara, Viv Richards (West Indies)
Wasim Akram (Pakistan)
Allan Donald (South Africa)
Muttiah Muralitharan (Sri Lanka)
Michael Bevan – 12th Man
52. Thirteen year old boy who made a history in school cricket on December 22, 2010 when he scored mammoth 498 runs in Harris Shield tournament in Mumbai?
He is the nephew of Mumbai skipper Wasim Jaffer. Arman took 490 balls, hit 77 boundaries before getting out in the slips. He bettered his teammate Sarfaraz Khan’s record of 439 runs in Harris Shield tournament in 2009.
53. Who is named African player of the year-2010?
The 29-year-old Cameroon and Inter Milan striker won this award for a record fourth time
54. Which film has won the Golden Crow Pheasant Award at the 15th International Film Festival of Kerala (IFFK)?
“Portraits in a Sea of Lies”. It is a Colombian film directed by Carlos Gaviria and the award carries a cash prize of Rs.15 lakh.
The Silver Crow Pheasant Award for the best director was awarded to Argentinean director Julia Solomonoff for her film “The Last Summer of La Boyita”. The Silver Crow Pheasant Award and a cash prize of Rs.3 lakhs for the best debut film went to Belma Bas, director of the film “Zephire” from Turkey.
Veettilekkulla Vazhi (The Way to Home), directed by Dr. Biju, was adjudged the best Malayalam film at the festival. Tunisian film “Buried Secrets”, directed by Raja Amari, won the award instituted by the International Federation of Film Critics (FIPRESCI) for the best film in the competition. The FIPRESCI award for the best Malayalam film went to “Makaramanju”, directed by Lenin Rajendran. The Hassankutty Award for the best Indian Debut Film, instituted by filmmaker Meera Nair, was bagged by “Chithra Suthram” directed by Vipin Vijay.
55. Former Chief Minister of Kerala and Veteran Congress leader died at a private hospital in Thiruvananthapuram recently?
Karunakaran has been the Chief Minister of Kerala four times .He took charge as Chief Minister of Kerala for the first time on March 25, 1977. He was the home minister of Kerala during the emergency period. He was also served as Minister for Industries of Government of India.
56. Human Rights activist who was sentenced to life imprisonment on December 24, 2010 after being held guilty of sedition and conspiracy by a Chhattisgarh court for his alleged links with Maoists?
57. Mobs of which Caribbean country killed more than 45 Voodoo priests, accusing them for using “black magic” to spread cholera?
58. Who was the lone Indian to win a title in the Tata Open India International badminton challenge held at the Cricket Club of India on December 25, 2010?
This is her first ever senior international title.
59. who has been elected as new party leader of Vietnam?
60. Who is named as the new coach of European and Italian champions Inter Milan?
The 41-year-old Leonardo, who played in Brazil’s 1994 World Cup winning squad, was the coach of AC Milan from 2009-2010.
61. Former Venezuelan president, who nationalised the oil industry and then survived a coup attempt by future leader Hugo Chavez, died recently in Miami?
Carlos Andres Perez.
62. The launch of which advanced communication satellite failed as the geosynchronous satellite launch vehicle (GSLV) exploded mid-air moments after it took off from the Sriharikota rocket launch centre on December 25,2010?
63. Who became the first cricketer, other than wicket-keepers, to take 200 catches in Test cricket?
He became the first cricketer to take 200 Catches in Test cricket during the 2nd India-South Africa Test at Durban when he took a stunning catch at slip of Dale Steyn.
64. Name of the new species of gummy shark which was found 500mts deep off the Mangalore coast recently?
Only 19 such gummy sharks are known worldwide, and this is the second gummy shark spotted in the Indian Ocean.
65. Which committee has submitted its report on Telangana separate state issue to the Home Minister P. Chidambaram on December 30, 2010?
The SriKrishna Committee.
The SriKrishna Committee consisting of five members and headed by retired Judge B. N. Krishna was formed on 5 February, 2010 and the committee’s term was to end on December 31, 2010.
66. Who is appointed as the first woman secretary general of SAARC?
Fathimath Dhiyana Saeed.
She will be appointed South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) secretary general on March 1, 2011.
67. Former Israel President who was convicted on December 30, 2010 for raping an employee when he was a Cabinet minister, the most serious criminal charges ever brought against a high-ranking official and a case that shocked the nation?
68. Who has been awarded the prestigious Bharat Jyoti Award ?
Agricultural scientist K.V. Raman has been awarded the prestigious Bharat Jyoti Award of the India International Friendship Society for his contributions to science, technology and development.A former Chairman of the Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board under the Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Dr. Raman was also Director of the B.V. Rao Centre for Sustainable Food Security at the Chennai-based M.S. Swaminathan Research Foundation.