1. which team has won the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 ?
Twenty-eight years on from the match that transformed the history of world cricket, India recaptured the crown that Kapil Dev and his men first lifted at Lord’s in 1983, and this time they did it in their very own back yard. An iron-willed 97 from Gautam Gambhir was matched for intensity by the finest captain’s innings since Ricky Ponting at Johannesburg eight years ago, as Mahendra Singh Dhoni trumped a poetic century from Mahela Jayawardene to pull off the highest run-chase ever achieved in a World Cup final.
2. Who has been appointed new chief of Film Certification Tribunal ?
– Lalit Bhasin
Noted lawyer Lalit Bhasin has been appointed Chairperson of the Film Certification Appellate Tribunal. “The appointment is for a period of three years.” Mr. Bhasin is also the Vice-President of the Bar Association of India and the Chairman of the Services Export Promotion Council established by the Ministry of Commerce and a member of the ICC International Court of Arbitration.
3. Who hits fastest century in Cricket World Cup History ?
– Kevin O’Brien
Kevin O’Brien shocked the mighty England with fastest century in World Cup history ( 50 balls) which helped Ireland to chase the huge total of 327.
4. Former Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh and Union Minister , who died recently on March 04 ?
– Arjun Singh
Veteran Congress leader and former Union Minister Arjun Singh, who had served in various capacities including as Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, died here on March 04. He was 81.
5. Who has been appointed Singapore’s first army chief ?
Ravider Singh——––——- Chan Chun Sing
Singapore has appointed Brigadier General Ravider Singh as its next Army chief, the first Sikh in 30 years to be given the force’s baton. Singh, 41, takes over from Major-General Chan Chun Sing on March 25.
6. Who has been appointed as new President & CEO of Telecom Company MTS ?
– Andrei Dubovskov appointed as President and Chief Executive Officer of the company.
7. Who is the richest person in the U.S. magazine Forbes annual list ?
– Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim Helu remained the richest person in the world with $ 74 billion in assets
8. Recently Pakistan test-fires nuclear-capable missile, what is the name of that missile ?
– Hataf 2
surface-to-surface missile has a range of 111 miles (180 kilometers).
9. who has been elected as Chairman of AMCO.
– Jayshree Venkatraman
10. which city host consumer rights conference 2011 ?
A Two day Conference organised by the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission in Delhi on 14 march.
11. who has been appointed as Secretary of NCSC ?
– Ashok Thakur
12. Who becomes the first Indian Officer to be inducted into the ‘Hall of Fame’ of US Army War College, Carlisle, USA ?
– General VK Singh
13. Who won the title of Swiss Open 2011 ?
– Saina Nehwal
Ace Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal notched up her first title of the year, clinching the Swiss Open Grand Prix Gold trophy with a straight-game victory in the summit clash against Ji Hyun Sung of Korea in Switzerland on March 20.
14. Who won doubles’ title in Indian Wells ?
Sania Mirza and her American partner Elena Vesnina clinched their first title in just their third WTA event as a team, lifting the BNP Paribas Open women’s double trophy after upstaging Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Meghann Shaughnessy here. Sania and Vesnina beat eighth seeds Mattek-Sands and Shaughnessy 6-0 7-5.
15. Who clinches Guinness Record in spelling ?
– Shishir Hathwar
16. Who has been awarded with Abel Prize 2011 ?
– John Willard Milnor
The Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters has chosen one of the living legends of mathematics, John Willard Milnor of the Institute for Mathematical Sciences in the University of Stony Brook, U.S.A, for the award of its prestigious Abel Prize for the year 2011.
17. which Bank named best retail bank in India?
Country’s second largest private lender HDFC bank has won the Asian Banker’s ‘Best Retail Bank in India’ award this year.
18. Who has been appointed Head of CII Southern Region ?
19. Name of the one man committee appointed by the Indian government to look into the 2G spectrum allocation procedures who submitted its report to Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal on 31 January 2011?
– Justice Shivraj Patil.
The one-man committee of Justice Shivraj Patil, looking into the 2G spectrum scam has named former telecom minister A Raja for procedural lapses. Former Department of Telecom secretary Sidhartha Behura has also been named in the report along with RK Chandolia, former personal secretary to Raja.
20. Which Indian multinational conglomerate corporation headquartered in Mumbai announced the acquisition of US-based Columbian Chemicals Company (CCC) recently, the world’s third-largest carbon black entity, for $875 million?
The Aditya Birla Group.
A conglomerate is a combination of two or more corporations engaged in entirely different businesses together into one corporate structure, usually involving a parent company and several (or many) subsidiaries. Often, a conglomerate is a multi-industry company. Conglomerates are often large and multinational.
21. Which teams won the men’s and women’s titles of the sixth edition of the United Phosphorous-sponsored Savio Cup basketball tournament held in Mumbai?
Indian Railways (Men)
Southern Railway (Women)
Shooting for Success, the team from USA, lost 79-91 to Indian Railway in the men’s final. Southern Railway beat Chhattisgarh in the Women’s final. (76-66)
22. One of Indonesia’s hottest pop stars who was given a 3 ½ jail sentence after his homemade sex tapes found their way in the internet and mobile phones?
Nazril Irham is the lead singer of a popular band named ‘Peterpan’ and he is well-known to his fans by the pet name “Ariel”.
23. Five-time Oscar-winning composer who wrote the music for 12 James Bond movies, died recently in New York after a heart attack at the age of 77?
He won Oscars for his compositions for the movies “Born Free” (1966), “The Lion in the Winter” (1968), “Out of Africa” (1985) and “Dances with Wolves” (1990).
He won two Oscars for Born Free (1966), for best score and best song.
24. The Central Bureau of Investigation on February 2, 2011 arrested the former Union Communications and Information Technology Minister and two officers who had worked under him, for their role in the grant of licenses and allocation of 2G spectrum during 2008 in violation of established guidelines and procedures. Name of that minister?
Mr. Raja, as well as Siddhartha Behura, former Secretary in the Department of Telecommunications, and R.K. Chandolia, who was Private Secretary to the Minister, were arrested by CBI.
25. One of the founders of Infosys Technologies who will take charge as the new CEO of Infosys some time in April, 2011 as part of a regular reshuffle of the top deck?
Sibulal will replace the current CEO S Kris Gopalakrishnan.
26. Which Asian country has got 216.6 million US dollars from the International Monetary Fund for strengthening the economy and macro-economic management?
27. Who has been appointed as the Secretary of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs of India?
D K Mittal.
28. Champions Trophy Hockey Tournament -2011 will be held in?
From December 1 to December 11.
29. Pakistan’s Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) recently has accused former Pakistan President of assassinating the country’s former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto. Who is that former president?
30. Which state will host the 35th National Games of India?
Kerala, It will be held in 2012.
31. Which country surpassed Japan as the world’s second-largest economy last quarter, capping the nation’s three- decade rise from Communist isolation to emerging superpower?
Japan’s economy was worth $5.474 trillion (£3.414 trillion) at the end of 2010. China’s economy was closer to $5.8 trillion in the same period. According to IMF (International Monetary Fund), World’s 10 biggest economies are USA, China, Japan, Germany, France, UK, Italy, Brazil, Canada and Russia.
32. Who will be the second Judge in independent India to face impeachment for alleged misconduct in misappropriating Rs 42 lakh when he, as a lawyer, had been appointed a receiver by a court of law?
Judge Soumitra Sen, Calcutta High Court judge.
Former Supreme Court Judge Justice V Ramaswami was the first sitting Judge who was impeached. But the impeachment motion had failed in Lok Sabha on May 10, 1993 because of 205 abstentions by then ruling Congress and its allies as against 196 members who voted for impeachment.
33. Former Deputy Editor of Mathrubhumi daily, (a leading news paper of Kerala) who has been chosen for the first Swadeshabhimani-Kesari award instituted by the Kerala government?
The award, instituted in memory of legends in Malayalam journalism Kesari Balakrishna Pillai and Swadeshabhimani Ramakrishna Pillai, is to recognise outstanding contributions in political, cultural, developmental and journalistic fields.
34. Which country has suspended its annual Antarctic whale hunt following protests from an environmental group?
35. Pakistani singer who was fined Rs.15 lakh by India’s Customs department for the restoration of undeclared foreign currency from them on the IGI airport in Delhi?
Rahat Fateh Ali Khan.
He and his 16-member group were arrested for allegedly carrying $ 1.24 lakh (around RS 60 lakh) of black foreign currencies in New Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport.
36. Who has been re-elected as Uganda’s president for a fourth consecutive five-year term, according to the results of the February 18 presidential election announced by the country’s election commission?
37. Who were arrested by the CBI in connection with alleged irregularities in the Rs 107 crore deals inked with a Swiss timing firm on February 22, 2011?
Lalit Bhanot, Former Commonwealth Games Organising Committee Secretary General
V. K. Verma, former Commonwealth Games Organising Committee director general.
38. Which country will set a price on carbon emissions (Tax on carbon emission) in 2012 in preparation for a trading program that could begin as early as 2015 aimed at curbing greenhouse gases?
39. The creator and founder of Amar Chitra and Tinkle comics who passed away at the age of 81?
Pai launched the Amar Chitra Katha series of Indian comics in 1967 which was an instant hit. In 1980, he launched Tinkle, a children’s anthology, which was started under Rang Rekha Features, India’s first comic and cartoon syndicate that lasted till 1998.
40. According to the Economic Survey which country has the fourth largest foreign exchange reserves?
India had the fourth largest foreign exchange reserves at $297.3 billion at the end of December 2010.
41. First Coast Guard Academy of India would be set up at?
Azheekkal near Kannur in Kerala.
42. Tunisian prime minister who has resigned after renewed violent protests calling for him to step down?
43. A member of the Central Water Commission (CWC) who had been appointed as chairman of the coordination committee of the Supreme Court on technical matters in the Mullaperiyar case?
However his inclusion in the committee was opposed by Kerala and hence he was removed from the committee. C D Thatte, will be the new chairman of the coordination committee of technical teams while former chief engineer of the CWC (Central Water Commission)D K Mehta will be the deputy chairman. M K Parameswaran, of the Mullaperiyar Cell, has been included in the coordination committee as Kerala’s representative.
44. The top secret recipe of one of the world’s most popular beverages, Coca Cola, has been revealed by a popular public radio program on February 11, 2011. Name of that program?
“This American Life”.
This American Life (TAL) is a weekly hour-long radio program produced by Chicago Public Radio and hosted by Ira Glass. For 125 years, Coke’s secret recipe has remained one of the most heavily guarded trade secrets in the world.
The drink was created by pharmacist John Pemberton in 1886.
45. List of FICCI Frames Awards 2011
– FICCI-Frames is an annual global convention on the business aspects of the entertainment and media industry. It was organised from March 23-25.
FICCI Frames Excellence International Honour – Jackman (‘X Men’ series)
Decade of Global Achievement Honour – Aishwarya Rai-Bachchan
Best Film of the year – Dabangg
Best Actor award – Shahrukh Khan (`My Name is Khan’)
Best Actress award – Vidya Balan ( Ishqiya )
Best Debutant Award (Male) – Ranveer Singh (Band Baaja Baarat)
Best Debutant (Female) – Sonakshi Sinha (Dabangg)
Best Debut Director trophy – Maneesh Sharma (Band Baaja Baarat)
Best Actor Award (Male) for serial `Pavitra Rishta’ – Sushant Singh Rajput
Best Actor Award (Female) for `Uttaran’ – Rashmi Desai
Most successful non-fiction show of the year – Sony TV’s `Indian Idol 5′
Best General Entertainment Channel Award – Star Plus
Best Radio Channel Award – Radio Mirchi
46. Who has been chosen as next censor board chief ?
– Leela Samson
47. Who has been appointed as head of Microsoft India ?
– Bhaskar Pramanik
48. How many tigers in India as per latest tiger census 2010 ?
-The Tiger population is estimated at 1706.
49. Who has been appointed Australia’s New Cricket Captain of Test & ODI team after after embattled Ricky Ponting stepped down after the team’s unceremonious exit from the World Cup 2011 ?
– Michael Clarke