|Objective General Knowledge|
|Objective General Knowledge|
1. Who has been Appointed as Solicitor General of India ?
-Rohinton Fali Nariman
The Government has appointed Rohinton Fali Nariman, Senior Advocate as Solicitor General of India. The appointment is for three years w.e.f. 27th July, 2011. Born on 13th August, 1956, Rohinton Fali Nariman, studied at Shri Ram College of Commerce and at Faculty of Law in Delhi University as well as at the Harvard Law School. An expert in Comparative Constitutional Law and Civil Law, has practiced law for last 30 years with 500 Reported Supreme Court Judgements to his credit.
2. Which French tyre maker is all set to start production in Chennai unit?
3. Which French cement gaint has been allowed to mine for limestone in Meghalaya’s East Khasi hills by Supreme Court?
4. The death of which film maker could be remembered as ‘Siddheswari’ won the national award for Best documentary film in 1989?
5. Which spiritual leader celebrated his 76th Birthday recently?
6. Which country is set to role out 1st phase of National internet in August at 8Mb for home users?
7. Approximately how much hectares of land in India is under organic certification as on March 2010?
4.4 million hectares
8. Who has been appointed as Manager of West Indies Under-19 cricket team?
9. After battling with cancer which British actress died recently?
10. Where has Posco planned Rs.52,000 crore project in India?
11. Which company is all set to acquire British online bookstore The Book Depository?
12. Which Bharathanatyam exponent was conferred with Yagnaraman Lifetime Achievement Award?
13. Who has been appointed as CEO of Fortis Healthcare?
14. Who has been appointed as RBI Deputy Governor?
Harun Rashid Khan
15. Who has been appointed as BHEL’s Director of Finance?
16. Which social networking site has gained 2nd rank in USA?
17. Who is been appointed as the CEO of Genpact?
18. Who is the VC and CEO of HDFC bank?
19. Who is the CEO of Facebook?
20. In which Indian city will the Nano Science and Technology be setup?
21. Who sealed his 2012 Olympics berth for the Archery Event?
22. Which actor is all set to construct a temple for Sachin Tendulkar and Mahendra Singh Dhoni?
23. Which part of Sudan is all set to celebrate its Independence Day on 8th July 2011,Saturday?
24. Which networking website now allows video calls and group chat?
25. Who recently joined 400 wicket elite club in Test Cricket?
26. Where in India has Indian Institute of Management planned to open its 2nd campus?
27. Who is to succeed defence secretary Pradeep Kumar?
28. Who won gold in 19th Asian Athletics Championship?
29. Which job-starved state in India has been granted Rs.1,000 crore job plan?
Jammu and Kashmir
30. Who has been appointed as CFO of Firssource Solutions Limited.?
31. Which Asian country becomes the first country to win the FIFA women’s world cup?
32. Who won the British Open Golf Championship 2011?
33. Who was the 400th wicket of Harbhajan Singh?
34. Which countries reached the semi-finals of Copa America 2011?
35. Who won the MotoGP German Grand Prix 2011?
Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda Team)
36. Which country won the Snooker World Cup 2011 after 15 years?
37. Who won the British Grand Prix 2011?
38. The Mysore campus of Infosys has been renamed as?
Naryana Murthy Centre of Excellence
39. Which 2 Indian cricketers are nominated for all-time greatest Test team?
Sachin and Sehwag
40. Who has been appointed as CEO of Sun TV Network?
41. Which bank has entered into pact with SBI Mutual Fund?
42. Who has been appointed as CEO of Aditya Brila Finance?
43. Which bank has launched credit card with no pre-set limit on spending?
44. Airtel has inked deal with which company for IT solutions to African employees?
45. Which passenger jet with a capacity to fly about 250 people non-stop up to 16,000 km landed at the IGI airport?
Boeing 787 Dream-liner
46. Who has been appointed as Railway Minister in cabinet reshuffle 2011?
47. Who has been appointed as Tribal Affairs and Panchayati Raj Minister in cabinet reshuffle 2011?
Kishore Chandra Deo
48. Who takes over Ministry of Steel in cabinet reshuffle 2011?
Beni Prasad Verma
49. Who has been appointed as Rural Development Minister in cabinet reshuffle 2011?
50. Which country has been included as 193rd member of United Nations?
51. Which 3 telecom companies have shared their networks and rolled out Plan India 3G services?
Vodafone, Bharti and Idea
52. In which 2 Indian cities was Google Transit launched?
Chennai and Hyderabad
53. Which company is all set to launch iPad rival?
54. At what percent did June 2011 inflation close?
55. Which company recently unveiled smallest data center?
56. Who has been named as coach for Sri Lankan cricket team ahead of Australia’s tour?
57. Who has lent his voice for pop star Britney Spear’s new single “I Wanna Go”?
58. Which latest communication satellite has been launched by ISRO?
59. Which Finance company is all set to offer loans against gold ETF units?
60. Name the CEO of Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp, China’s biggest chip maker who quit recently.
61. Who and at what age clinched the British Open Golf championship 2011?
62. Which IT company recently announced a 13-member executive council?
63. Who has been elected as president of Mumbai Cricket Association?
64. Who has been elected as chief of Empowered Committee of Goods and Services Tax?
Sushil Kumar Modi
65. Against whom did India win an International football friendly match?
66. Which shuttle undocked for the final time from International Space station, NASA?
67. Where and for which project has BHEL commissioned 525MW thermal set?
Maithon Right Bank thermal power project in Jharkhand
68. Which country won the women’s soccer World Cup 2011?
69. Which company is eyeing to open its IT centre in Gujarat?
70. Which South American country has surpassed Saudi Arabia in oil reserves?
71. Which company bought .CO domain ahead of its 1st year anniversary of public launch?
Google and will be used as G.Co to launch shortcut URL
72. Which luxury hotels have been accorded the LEED Platinum (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) rating?
ITC’s luxury hotels
73. Name the person who ignited China’s interest in the NBA and became one of Asia’s best-known athletes and is retired now.
74. Which 2 countries are set to participate in the 2000th test in the history of Test Cricket?
India and England
75. Who has been appointed as Andhra Pradesh Director General of Police ?
V. Dinesh Reddy
IPS officer of 1977 batch V. Dinesh Reddy has been appointed the Director General of Police of Andhra Pradesh.
Mr. Dinesh Reddy, currently the Director General of Vigilance and Enforcement.
76. Who has been appointed as Chairman of Alcatel-Lucent for its India operations?
Asian country becomes the first country to win the FIFA women’s world cup?
Who won the British Open Golf Championship 2011?
Who was the 400th wicket of Harbhajan Singh?
Which countries reached the semi-finals of Copa America 2011?
Who won the MotoGP German Grand Prix 2011?
Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda Team)
Which country won the Snooker World Cup 2011 after 15 years?
social networking site has gained 2nd rank in USA?
Who is been appointed as the CEO of Genpact?
Who is the VC and CEO of HDFC bank?
Who is the CEO of Facebook?
In which Indian city will the Nano Science and Technology be setup?
Who sealed his 2012 Olympics berth for the Archery Event?
Which actor is all set to construct a temple for Sachin Tendulkar and Mahendra Singh Dhoni?
Which part of Sudan is all set to celebrate its Independence Day on 8th July 2011,Saturday?
Which networking website now allows video calls and group chat?
Who recently joined 400 wicket elite club in Test Cricket?
Where in India has Indian Institute of Management planned to open its 2nd campus?
Who is to succeed defence secretary Pradeep Kumar?
Who won gold in 19th Asian Athletics Championship?
Which job-starved state in India has been granted Rs.1,000 crore job plan?
Jammu and Kashmir
Who has been appointed as CFO of Firssource Solutions Limited.?
1. Who was crowned Miss Universe 2010?
– Miss Mexico Jimena Navarrete (22)
2. who become the sixth Indian batsman to score 7000 Test runs ?
– Virender Sehwag became the sixth Indian batsman to score 7000 Test runs during his unbeaten knock of 97 on third and final Test against Sri Lanka in Colombo.
3. who won Rajiv Gandhi khel Ratan award ?
-Saina Nehwal, who climbed to No. 2 in world rankings recently following three major title wins in Chennai, Singapore and Indonesia, was the popular choice for the Khel Ratna Award.
4. who has been appointed the chairperson to head the committee that has been constituted to select the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, Arjuna and Dhyanchand awards apart from Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puraskar for 2010.
– P.T. Usha
5. Who Becomes the first Indian to win on the U.S. PGA Tour ?
– Arjun Atwal became the first Indian and just the sixth Asian-born player to win on the PGA Tour when he secured a one-stroke victory at the Wyndham Championship.
6. Winners of the Australian Open 2010.
– Single :-
Men: Roger Federer (Switzerland) ,Women: Serena Williams (US)
Men: Bob and Mike Bryan (US),Women: Serena & Venus Williams (US) ,Mixed: Cara Black (Zimbabwe) & Leander Paes (India)
7. Who was appointed as Election Commissioner?
– Former bureaucrat Harishankar Brahma
other one is V.S. Sampath, Election Commissioner
8. Who became Australia’s the first full-time selector after being appointed as National Talent Manager by the Cricket Board?
-Former cricketer Greg Chappell
9. Who has been appointed as National Ambassador of UNICEF ?
– The famous Bollywood star Priyanka Chopra
10. Who will host a quadrilateral summit with leaders of Afghanistan,Pakistan and Tajikistan to discuss the situation in Af-Pak region.
– Russian President Dmitry Medvedev
11. Which state bans plastic carry-bags ?
In a major step for environment protection, the Rajasthan government announced a complete ban on the use of plastic carry-bags all over the State from August 1. A notification declared the entire State a “plastic carry-bag-free zone.”
The ban will also apply to manufacture, storage, import, sale and transport of plastic carry-bags.
Violation of the order will attract prosecution under Section 15 of the Environment Protection Act, which prescribes jail for five years or a fine of up to Rs.1 lakh or both. Recurrence of the offence may lead to penalty of Rs.5,000 a day.
12. Which two countryhave agreed to strengthen their respective National Action Plans under the Global Tiger Forum for tiger conservation in a time-bound implementation.
– India and Nepal
13. Who has been selected ‘Businessman of the decade’
– Ratan Tata, Chairman of the TATA group was bestowed with the title of ‘Businessman of the Decade’ during a ceremony held in Mumbai.
Governor of Maharashtra, K. Sankaranarayanan felicitated Ratan Tata with the award at a function organised by Federation of Indo-Israel Chambers of Commerce.
14. Who was the Indian-American CEO of an IT company has been sentenced to 20 months imprisonment and ordered to pay over USD 800,000 in restitution for his role in a bribery and kickback scheme.
– Sushil Bansal, 43, President and CEO of Advanced Integrated Technology Corporation.
An Indian-American CEO of an IT company has been sentenced to 20 months imprisonment and ordered to pay over USD 800,000 in restitution for his role in a bribery and kickback scheme.
15. Who was Darbari and why did CWG OC terminated Darbari’s services ?
– CWG OC terminates Darbari’s services: Acting on the persistent plea of the sports ministry, the Commonwealth Games Organising Committee on Monday terminated the services of its tainted Joint Director General TS Darbari in the wake of the corruption scandal that has rocked the event.
16. Who resigned Commonwealth Games OC treasurer for CWG 3- 14, 2010 Ganes ?
– Anil Khanna quits from Commonwealth Games OC treasurer
17. Who was the Chief Minister undergone a complicated double heart surgery at the Asian Heart Institute recently ?
– Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi
18. What was the Maruti Suzuki new model launched on August 4, 2010 ?
– Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 new model launched at Rs 3 lakh on
19. Who was the World’s oldest Test cricketer died on August 2, 2010 ?
– New Zealand sportsman Eric Tindill.
New Zealand sportsman Eric Tindill, a double international who was the world’s oldest surviving Test cricketer and an All Black, has died aged 99
20. Who received the Lokmanya Tilak Award in 2010 ?
– Sheila Dixit has been received the Lokmanya Tilak Award
21. Who was the 14-year-old the youngest entrant into IIT-Kanpur’s prestigious MSc physics programme ?
– Sahal Kaushik
22. No more time for sorrow’ written by ——————. The author predict that terrorist will set off an atom bomb in the USA by 2013.
– Robert Beeman
23. Who took charge as Chief Eelection Commissioner on July 30, 2010 ?
– S Y Quraishi takes charge as Chief Eelection Commissioner
24. —————– famous Hindi actor who died with heart attack on July 28, 2010
– Ravi Baswani
25. ————- airliner from Karachi carrying 150 people crashed in a ball of flames densely wooded hills above Islamabad
– Private airline Air Blue flight
Pakistani airliner carrying 150 people crashed in a ball of flames July 28, 2010 into densely wooded hills above Islamabad during heavy rain and poor visibility, leaving little hope of survivors.
26. Who was accused in Koda scam ?
– Diamond merchant Manoj Punamia
Manoj Punamia one of the key accused in the Koda scam, was arrested on Saturday night July 24, 2010 at the Mumbai airport when he was returning from a foreign trip.
27. ————— is the missile that India successfully test-fired on July 26, 2010 .
India successfully test-fires interceptor missile. The indigenously developed interceptor missile, capable of destroying any in-coming hostile ballistic missile, was test-fired from the Integrated Test Range at Wheeler Island off Odisha coast.
28. Who is the Former Goa tourism minister ———— granted bail in a death case on ————- ?
– Former Goa tourism minister Mickky Pacheco, who was remanded to 14-day judicial custody in the Nadia Torrado death case, on July 26, 2010 Monday granted bail by a Goa court.
29. Who is the Cricketer decided and wants to have his blood used on a page of his autobiography to be released in February next year (Feb 2011) ?
– Batting star Sachin Tendulkar
30. The Andhra Pradesh High Court has granted bail to former Satyam managing director Rama Raju, former chief financial officer Vadlamani Srinivas and three others accused in the multi-crore rupee accounting scam on —————–
– July 20, 2010
31. Who is the first Indian-origin woman professor in the institution’s history ?
– Gita Gopinath
Noted academician Gita Gopinath has been named professor of economics at the prestigious Harvard University, becoming the first Indian-origin woman professor in the institution’s history.
32. Who was chargsheeted on July 20, 2010 for passing secret info to ISI ?
– Madhuri Gupta
Delhi Police today chargesheeted disgraced diplomat Madhuri Gupta accusing her of passing secret information to Pakistan’s ISI during her posting in Islamabad. Gupta, who was arrested in April, has been accused of being in touch with two ISI officials, Mubshar Raza Rana and Jamshed.
33. ———————— seed extract has anti-diabetic properties says a pharmacology professor at the University of Montreal’s Faculty of Medicine.
– Cashew seed
Cashew tree products have long been alleged to be effective anti-inflammatory agents, counter high blood sugar and prevent insulin resistance among diabetics.
34. Who is the Former India hockey star attacked umpire ?
– Sunil Ekka
Former India hockey player Sunil Ekka, playing for Army XI, lashed out with his hockey stick at veteran umpire RS Suriya Prakash, leaving the latter seriously injured.
35. Which are the two Trians rammed each other and met to Trian Accident which killed and injuried many people in West Bengal ?
– Uttarbanga Express and Vananchal Express
60 people were killed and over 90 injured when a speeding Uttarbanga Express tore through the rear of Vananchal Express at the Sainthia station in Birbhum district of West Bengal. The train apparently overshot the signal.
36. Why did TDP made bandh on July 19, 2010 ?
– TDP bandh was made to protest the arrest of party chief N Chandrababu Naidu, who began a hunger strike against Maharashtra stopping his visit to the Babhli barrage site.
37. New Rupee Symbol of India or Indian Rupee Symbol represents ?
Answer: A mix of the Devanagri ‘Ra’ and Roman ‘R’, to become the fifth currency in the world to have a distinct identity.
38. New Rupee Symbol of India or Indian Rupee Symbol designed by __________?
– IIT post-graduate D Uday Kumar
39. New Indian Rupee symbol has been revealed by Cabinet on ?
Answer: July 15, 2010
40. What was The world’s only antivirus browser ?
– Epic Browser
41. 2010 ESPY Award Winners (ESPN)
– 2010 ESPY Award Winners:
42. Who was the former minister surrenderd on July 3, 2010 in connection with the death case of Nadia Torrado (Friend) ?
– Former Goa minister Pacheco surrenders on Nadia death case
Nadia death case: Former Goa minister Pacheco surrendersFormer Goa tourism minister Francisco “Mickky” Pacheco, charged with culpable homicide following the death of Nadia Torrado, was underground for nearly a month as the police began to look for him.
43. Who recieved Arthur Ashe ESPY Courage Award in 2010 ?
– Ed Thomas’s family
44. Who was the Political leader recently booked in a Case/ scam?
– Bihar CM Nitish Kumar, his deputy S K Modi and several other ministers
A case has been filed against Bihar CM Nitish Kumar, his deputy S K Modi and several other ministers in an alleged Rs 11,412 crore scam, involving irregularities related to fraudulent withdrawals and corruption.
45. Who is the winner of the Best Young Player Award award in fifa 2010 ?
– Thomas MUELLER
46. Who has been elected as Man of the Match in Fifa World Cup 2010 ?
– Andres INIESTA
47. ——————— is the winner of the adidas Golden Glove award in Fifa World Cup 2010 ?
– Iker CASILLAS
48. Who is the winner of the adidas Golden Shoe award in Fifa World Cup 2010 ?
– Thomas MUELLER
49. ______________ is the winner of the adidas Golden Ball award in 2010 ?
–: Diego FORLAN
50. who took places of Runner-Up, third and Fourth Places in Fifa World Cup 2010 ?
– Runners-Up: Netherlands, Third: Germany, Fourth: Uruguay
Current affairs 2010 for bank exams | Current Affairs June – July quiz | objective questions | SBI | gk questions | current affairs for civil services | General knowledge|